Wow what a change of pace... gen 3 huh?

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
Well some know others don't... lately I have had some things happen in my life that were altering.. mostly in a good way to say the least.. Any ways i sold all my exotic W headed and R block stuff... I happen to know quite a bit about gen 3 hemis as I have been around them for the past 6 yrs and have owned some cool strokers etc.
I'm building a street hot rod (street/strip car)68 Dodge dart. I have all the suspension complete (coil overs all the way around, 4 link, rack and pinion steering, built 727 manual reverse valve body, 9.5" converter, custom stainless 2" stepped headers, 325/50/15 Mt drag radials, 2005 truck ECU, 15 gal fuel cell with eliminator fuel pump, wilwoods on all 4 corners)

AJ supplied complete 6.1 from top to bottom
Dave Webber supplied 6.1 ported heads, 625 PAC springs, retainers, push rods, cometic .051 gaskets, custom 22?/23? 6?? lift on a 114, forged drop in pistons with rings.
Edelbrock E-force supercharger running a 9-10 lbs

I have not been happier with AJ and Webber on this build.. Popeyes Hemi (Jeff) will help me do the pistons and cam next wk... I'm looking to have it tuned by mid April.. Not sure what it's gonna run nor do I really care.. I'm sure it will get in the low 10's possibly 9's if I can get the bugs worked out. Hoping to go hang out with u guys at some events and run the local test and tune.. and most importantly beat up on ujokin! lol

With 10lbs of boost I hope to be over the 650-700 rwhp range.. thoughts?

Jason

Jason. Sounds like a fun build can't wait to see what it does. I built an 09 ram with a maggy blower on 8psi. Stu's heads and cam and it put down 488 to the wheels, w/ 28% driveline loss. It ran a 12.6 in full street trim. (slicks added for traction) the next weekend out it ran a 12.5 but suffered on the 60ft due to no weight transfer. Truck came in at just under 6000 pounds. Better shocks and removal of the sway bar it would have probably hit a 12.4-12.3. We have now added water meth, and a set of 4.56 gears are going in, in the morning. Shooting for 11.99 the week after.

Since your installing 10psi on the 6.1 I don't think that 600+ is not too far off and saving close to 3000 pounds vs the ram low 10's high 9's should be easy. Might wanna reconsider 9's though. Too much safety gear and licensing for a street car. ( my opinion anyway)

I'd like to run 9.99.. just to say I did... I ran one of Stu 383 strokers and was the fastest 5.7 based stroker in the country for a while. This build is not a stroker.. stock crank, and rods, with Webbers forged drop in pistons with deeper valve reliefs. Daves Heads are sick and that new E force is cool and the other side of the pillow with the self contained intercooler...very stealthy looking. I just want to drive the car have have a ton of fun with it.

I just want to drive the car have have a ton of fun with it.

I know that feeling. My car has been untouched since sept. I really wanna get back on it, but working full time and going to school full time with two little ones at home it's hard to have motivation on my only day off a week. Not to mention all the regular house chores that gotta be done too. This afternoon I had to rebuild the toilet, change a few light bulbs that were 12-14 foot up in the ceiling, and vacuum the fridge condenser and change the water filter. And that was after getting up at 4 am for work and getting home about 6:30 from school. It's been a long day. Tomorrow is 4 am wake up go to work come home hang and wire up floursent lights in the gerage, hang and wire up driveway lights, and run 220 power of the air compressor and plasma cutter.

The car is going on 2 years for the build. The motor is in, cage is tacked in place mini tubs are done Dana narrowed, ladder bards and coilovers installed. Still need to build custom turbo headers (front mount) then run all the turbo plumbing, build the trans, install fuel system, rewirw car, and then tune it. (running megasquirt) after it's up and running. I'll race it for a season, then blow it apart for body work/paint. It never ends. I keep looking at crags list and have been tempted to just buy another duster to race, but I have not found one worthy yet. I need to get back on the track it's been 2.5 years since I have been down the track I miss it. I need something fast to drive again the stock ram I own is just not cutting it.

Sorry for the rant. I got going and didn't stop.

I'm interested in how your car will run. I'm doing pretty much the same as your build, dropping a 6.1 in a 68 Dart. I'm only in the suspension phase but have the engine waiting.
Hope you reach the 9's. Let us know.

Jason...been wondering how your build has been progressing...

your new set-up ought to be a handfull...and a crowd pleaser! Keep us posted

Denny

Jason...been wondering how your build has been progressing...

your new set-up ought to be a handfull...and a crowd pleaser! Keep us posted

Denny

Thx guys.. this is more my style of a hot rod.. not a lot of wrenching involved in these new hemis like the old school stuff.. the biggest issues to over come is the tuning which I have the best in my back yard so that's a moot point. This is a car I could drive anywhere anytime as long as it't not too much to handle.. and if that's the case I'll tune the boost down a notch or two.

sounds like you might be buildin' one of them there...coffee getters

Welcome to the club

Will do I'm sure we will meet up for a cup b4 next winter.. I plan to take some time off and drive this car all over the us... maybe even make a trip to the grand canyon :blob:

That would be cool but I have a long way to go b4 I even think about driving it across country.. like A/C! lol.. I just hope to make it to the May even in VA

-
Back