Wrong SSB-A153-1 kit ordered, please help with next steps

-

Achill

Reaction score
Hi

For my Dart 1968 I've ordered wrong SSB-A153-1 from 10` drums to disk brakes conversion kit.

Now I see that I have 9` drums spindles and:

1. Should I look for 10` spindles to be ok with SSB-A153-1?
2. If yes - can anyone share where to get it? Checked all placed I know but with no results
3. Any other options?

Thanks in advance!!

2bb54278-f76b-4f8b-b855-a6fa8d1d1cec.JPG

4e871b11-7110-4f0b-b4e9-0a94c558b7a1.JPG

950fa535-90e3-4045-b2f5-51372fd32d70.JPG

950fa535-90e3-4045-b2f5-51372fd32d70.JPG

#1 is a fine option. I've seen kit, pretty sure Classic Industries has kit, but you can probably find a kit much cheaper.
#3 wilwood makes a kit that I think world work. (I'm planning to use the wilwood kit on my 65. I've even talked to wilwood to make sure it'll fit.) Then, a few months ago, someone on this forum did that kit and took lots of pictures.

I was at ssb a few weeks ago. They informed me they don’t make a 9” kit. I would imagine a pair of 10” spindles would be an easy grab, and probably less hassle than returning and getting a new kit. Getting a kit for my friends 71 valiant. I know my 67 has 10” drums and I’m just going to swap the spindles, if need be, to run the kit.

I was at ssb a few weeks ago. They informed me they don’t make a 9” kit. I would imagine a pair of 10” spindles would be an easy grab, and probably less hassle than returning and getting a new kit. Getting a kit for my friends 71 valiant. I know my 67 has 10” drums and I’m just going to swap the spindles, if need be, to run the kit.

Struggling to find a spindles for my Dart, for 10" Drum brakes, maybe you know where to find it? checked ebay, classic ind, summit... thanks a lot in advance!

#1 is a fine option. I've seen kit, pretty sure Classic Industries has kit, but you can probably find a kit much cheaper.
#3 wilwood makes a kit that I think world work. (I'm planning to use the wilwood kit on my 65. I've even talked to wilwood to make sure it'll fit.) Then, a few months ago, someone on this forum did that kit and took lots of pictures.
Looks like you're talking about this 9" kit from wilwood https://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitsProdFront?itemno=140-11022-DR&year=1968&make=Dodge&model=Dart&option=9"+Inch+Drum+Brake+Spindle

but I already have a kit from SSBC and to send it back (from Russia) will be quite difficult :) So the only option I see - to get 10" spindles but I can't find it for my car :(

wilwood kit 9 inch.jpg

Ok, so I guess what I was saying is, post an ad on here in the parts wanted section. I’m quite sure you may get results that way. I won’t know for a few days if I will have an extra pair

I have a set of 10" spindles from a 68 Barracuda, but I will be away from home for weekend.
I can get back with you Sunday or Monday with more details & pics.

I did the same swap and found 10” spindles for sale on this site. They are out there.

SSBC make a great setup too. You won’t be disappointed

I have a set of 10" spindles from a 68 Barracuda, but I will be away from home for weekend.
I can get back with you Sunday or Monday with more details & pics.
that would be super good! :) thanks and waiting for your reply!

-
Back