you got anew crate hemi, and

-

mcat

Reaction score
you want to mount all the accessories, like alternator, power steering pump, A/C compressor...
where do you get all the bolts?

440 source has all the mounting brackets , bolts and pullys u need

I got the ones I needed from the dealer cheaper than a hardware store. Also bummed a few from the dealer techs junk drawer. Metric bolts in my area are around 3-4 times more money than sae.

Ace, here, does not have, ****, does not know what bolts are, and what they do have is mostly Chineseo crapjunkshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit.

I go to the local 'fasteners' store and if that does not work online, places like Mcmaster Carr or specialty hot-rod suppliers

Order them from an online dealer. You can use the drag pak book and the LX parts manual. It's all in there.

can someone list the sizes of the alternator and A/C mounting bolts
thanks
As far as the size goes, just grab some spare bolts from your stash and see if they thread in by hand. To get the length measure the thickness of material you are bolting, that is the grip length. take a piece of wire and measure the hole depth, get bolts that are short enough to not bottom out in the hole before your bracket is snug. If the bracket is 1/8th " thick and the hole is 3/4 " deep we then know that a 1 inch bolt is too long by an 1/8th" of an inch and should be a 3/4 length bolt so there is some wiggle room. When you figure this out you can go to napa and get the bolts with the flange washer on them.

I have to agree. I get all my engine bolts from the dealer. Just order by application and get the exact, correct bolt. Then you also have the factory look, instead of hardware store look, if that matters to you. From my experience, they're not more expensive than hardware stuff. I was even able to get original, stock, old school bellhousing bolts to bolt up my scattershield. Never would have thought they'd be able to still get those bolts.

my local bolt store had to change its name...it use to be called ....nut and bolt...someone took offense

Believe or not, I found a great selection of stainless and chrome bolts at the local Harley Davidson store.

Agree with the guys above. Dealership. If you have them work on your car, you'll pay two arms and a leg, but bolts, I had to by one for the crank for the oil pickup, it was less than $2.... They know all the sizes, have the correct part numbers for em. It took me over a month to find the part number for it. I asked for it and he have me the part number within seconds. You'd save money on shipping as well. All the places I found online, shipping was pretty steep...

-
Back