Since our friend NightMoves was burglarized, I offered to send him a carburetor. So, I thought what better time to to do this than now? I am going to build him up a nice little 1850-2 Holley 600. This is how "I" build them. I am not looking for discussion or argument. Just trying to show how to do a simple rebuild. Enjoy.
Remember, before you put it in the cleaner, remove ALL of the gasket material that you can. It will turn into a goopy mess if you do not. As soon as I get a kit, I will detail going back together the same as I have done the disassembly.
Oh and in that last picture, that is AFTER coming out of the cleaner. The little carburetor really came out better than I thought it would. It will make a nice little unit for our buddy NightMoves.
Alright, got all the parts, now time for the reassembly.
Also, I fly assembling these because I've done a TON of them...so not every step is shown. My apologies....so I need to explain. If you notice, you'll see that I adjust float levels LOW. I do this so that when the installer makes the adjustment, there's much less mess. If you even up the float with the float bowl, as Holley suggests, lots of times that puts fuel running out of the sight plug hole all over the intake. That sucks.
What I did not take a picture of was the electric choke conversion. Really nothing to it. I simply had another carburetor I used as a donor. It had a hot air choke on it and I cleande it up and got an electric choke thermostat and convertet it to electric choke.
First, I would like to thank Kitty because she took all of the pictures. I think she did a good job. I could not have done it without her help. I would like to thank Rumblefish because he was kind enough to sticky this, lock and unlock it so I could make additions. If anyone has any questions feel free to shoot me a PM. I know I left out small things like tightening screws and whatnot, but I take for granted you know how to do that. lol