Installing new gas fill tube rubber seal A body 1968 barracuda floor pan

Gas tube seal install made easier
  1. bryan Schaupp
    I got new seal and it was good 1/4" smaller than the gas tube and fairly thick rubber. Also awkward to hold tube and press on seal

    I went to hardware to and bought a 1-1/2 inch PVC pipe coupler for .94 cents and made the job fairly easy.

    Greased and slide the coupler into the seal. Then just used tube to push coupler out and take its place.

    I had aluminum tube back up but anything solid with hole in center 2.5 - 3 inches in diameter should work

    Share This Article

      philllyc likes this.
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.