Stop in for a cup of coffee

No idea what that is. If you have a neurologist ask for a spec scan. It's painless like an MRI.
They can trace how the blood flow is in your brain and determine what areas are affected.
From that they can perhaps give you cognitive therapy to help stimulate your brain.
Agree, and this is how they see where a stroke happened in the brain, painless