´67 notchback cuda mini tubes

-

cuda1967

Reaction score
What tires are you running with a-bodies which has been minitubed. Pics please....

You can stuff a 12.5 inch wide tire under there if mini tubbed but you will need a 15x10 wheel with 7.5" backspacing.

I was running M/T sportsman pros with a 29x12.5x15lt tire.

Keep in mind the forward portion of my rear wheel opening is moved 1.5" forward to allow for the tall tire.

As you can see by the first pic, this is about all the tire you can stuff under there with about .5 inch to spare on either side, perfect fit.
There are only a few rims you can get with the 7.5 inch backspace and the weld draglites are one of them.
I know people are running similar combos with slightly different wheel offset but this whee/tire combo is a tried and true set up that I copied from my buddies 67 dart using his wheels as a test fit.
I did not shave the wheel lip off, but like I said, the rear wheel opening is massaged forward 1.5 inches in the front portion only.

cuda1.jpg

cudainlot-2.jpg

23-1.jpg

hi.jpg

25F04-5-1717-40-1.jpg

40N04-7-1120-7.jpg

have a narrowed dana 60, so I can use wheels with 5" offset. have factory gas tank so, can´t move dana back. Not sure if I´ll keep the factory tank or swap it to fuel cell coz need some space for tail pipes too....:happy10:

Your cuda looks avesome!

-
Back