´68 383 view

-

SSing

Reaction score
Hi.
Anyone have a nice pic of driver side fire wall.
Like to see around Master Cylinder and Ballast Resistor area.
Has to be original or restored to original. There are pictures on the net, but one never know its originality.
Your picture would be very appreciated.
Thank you, Stefan

What car? What year? Power brakes? I have a bone stock 67 dart, non power brake car at home. can shoot you some photos this evening. it is not a 383 though.

Ok, well needs to be a big block and 1968 Dart or Barracuda. No power.
Probably same around these years and models, but I want it to be correct once and for all...
Thank you any way.

Already had these photos so I figured for what ever its worth. stock 1967 dart GT, no power anything, 273 2bbl, white "Wire" going out the left side of the spedo cable grommet is an add on oil gauge line. all other wires etc are as stock as they come.
104_1537.JPG
104_1543.JPG
104_1544.JPG
104_1546.JPG

Already had these photos so I figured for what ever its worth. stock 1967 dart GT, no power anything, 273 2bbl, white "Wire" going out the left side of the spedo cable grommet is an add on oil gauge line. all other wires etc are as stock as they come.View attachment 1715129571 View attachment 1715129572 View attachment 1715129573 View attachment 1715129574

Yes, I was thinking to get a glimpse of what it looks like on a ´68 big block. Yes it may look the same as yours, but colors of cables and other details may be different.
Reason I am asking is in my application, witch is a ´68 SS Hemi Barracuda, the relay (btw what is the correct word for it?) was moved further out to the left, and over the ballast resistor. I am trying to figure out if cables need to be longer, color of these cables and such.
Thank you for the pics. They are useful when I compare with other pics. This is how I always go ahead. Compare and than draw the most likely conclusion of what it looked like.
Hopefully I can get some one to post a pic (water reservoir delete) of a ´68 BB also.

Hope this helps. I have an original factory '68 cuda 383, 4-sp, nearing the end of restoration. All firewall components are in the same location as in the pictures shown. Have never seen voltage regulator mounted above ballast resister. Maybe this is a hemi thing? Good luck on your search.

Hemi cars used a master cylinder offset to the driver's side, which may have necessitated moving the voltage regulator out of the way.

I actually found a few useful pics in the Big Block A-Body Tech Forum also.
Thank you.

-
Back