‘66 Barracuda “hood rods”??

-

Kev’s66Fish

Reaction score
My new hood will be here in a few weeks, and I’m trying to get everything ready for it. I acquired all the latch parts for the front, but I don’t have any springs on my hinges. As I did some Googlin’, I realized they used crisscrossing rods to keep the hood open. I have had 0 luck, so far, finding these, or what to even properly call them. Is this the best option, or has anyone else found another/better way to do the job? Thanks in advance for the input.

My new hood will be here in a few weeks, and I’m trying to get everything ready for it. I acquired all the latch parts for the front, but I don’t have any springs on my hinges. As I did some Googlin’, I realized they used crisscrossing rods to keep the hood open. I have had 0 luck, so far, finding these, or what to even properly call them. Is this the best option, or has anyone else found another/better way to do the job? Thanks in advance for the input.
Good deal. I messaged you Cosgig. I failed to mention I’ll be using them on a fiberglass hood from VFN. Will the weight difference cause any issues?

-
Back