‘66 Barracuda/Valiants rear lenses - Liquidation sale?

-
Feedback looks like a real gamble....

Jake

I bought his 65's when they were $26/pr. Totally happy with them. Shipping was about 10 days, no drama. They say MAYERS 1301 R (L) on them. Looks like an acrylic silicone mold since the dimensions are a little loose but for $26 it was worth it to me. My old ones were pretty crazed. Seems if you clean the originals with Windex, they craze as you watch! Dont do it!
>> with an original pair, you could make a pretty good silicone mold to pour your own. <<<<

Last edited:
Feedback looks like a real gamble....

It’s ultra-clear that these are inexpensive replacements and not a show car type of part.
I bought a set about three years ago and they were much much better than my old ones but weren’t perfect. I was glad I got them.

Quick review on the quality of the 65's.

Diffusion pattern is a little off, some contamination in the resin ( a speck or 2 of black substance), no Chrysler stamp and the edges are a little wavy but they are clear, no crazing, smooth and fill the bill on replacing broken or missing lenses for a driver. Silicone mold flashing evident on the crown of the peak so they pour/inject resin using flat bottom as the drag. It's a non permanent mold as the side shows a slight pucker at one point? Maybe a casting person could figure out the issue. Like he says, not a perfect show car piece, but totally fits the bill.
20190721_093402.jpg
20190721_093158.jpg
20190721_093328.jpg
20190721_093141.jpg
15637277430187552938897795221502.jpg

I did the 66’ red top lenses for the Barracuda.
Color off just a shade, a tad lighter.
Fit was 8 out of 10 (maybe 9)
For the money from 5ft away they are great in my opinion. BUT to Connecticut it took like 3 weeks to arrive from Mexico.

My '65 had really faded lenses, but no cracks. You only noticed the faded-ness when applying the brakes (or blinkers). I bought some red LED tail lights (and appropriate led flasher so that the blinkers worked) and now they are wonderfully red! And bright. They are awesome. (Thanks to slantdan for telling me what to buy!)

I have them on my 66, they have a mold line right down the middle, but otherwise for my driver, its ok with me.

-
Back