‘68 Dart Windshield Clips

-

Roy McKinney

Reaction score
Several years ago I removed the windshields and clips on my ‘68 Dodge Dart. Now, fast forward to today. I recently pulled the old clips out of storage and noticed that there are four different shapes/sizes of clips. Is that standard? Unfortunately, I did not pay attention to this when I removed the old clips. I had ordered a new set for both the front and back. The new clips for the front are all the same and the new clips for the back are all the same. In reading other postings, I know that others have come across this issue but I am still not clear on the right answer. Should I just work with the new ones or try to figure out the configuration of the old. Thanks for any help you can provide.

A81967E5-DA7C-4645-A13A-C47D22F5CCA7.jpeg

Several years ago I removed the windshields and clips on my ‘68 Dodge Dart. Now, fast forward to today. I recently pulled the old clips out of storage and noticed that there are four different shapes/sizes of clips. Is that standard? Unfortunately, I did not pay attention to this when I removed the old clips. I had ordered a new set for both the front and back. The new clips for the front are all the same and the new clips for the back are all the same. In reading other postings, I know that others have come across this issue but I am still not clear on the right answer. Should I just work with the new ones or try to figure out the configuration of the old. Thanks for any help you can provide.

View attachment 1715496315
The rest of the story...... thought I would close this out with what happened. The windshields have been installed using the new clips that I had ordered from Classic Industries. Everything went well and the windshields/chrome trim turned out great. I have the old clips in reserve.

-
Back