Status
Not open for further replies.

ScamperTom

Supposed to be working
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
i’m rebuilding my front brakes and broke the brake line jumper that connects the flexible hose to the wheel cylinder. Front right side 10” drum. Does anyone have these or know where to get any?
Thanks!

I am confused as to what you need. Have you gone to a auto parts store? They usually carry most brake items. Good luck

Did a quick search from where i got my parts. Do they look like these? I did my drum brakes (9 inch which are bent different than yours) and got parts from the right stuff. Everything prebent front to back, followed original curves and bends. Very easy install.

brake line curls.jpg

The fruit of my impatience.
image.jpg
Yeah that’s the part. I guess 9” and 10” drums have different shapes to the line.

The guys at advance had no clue, and I couldn’t find the part on rock auto. I’ll check out right stuff, thanks!

Napa usually has steel brake lines in different lengths that are pre flared. You just need to match up one with the same fittings and about the same length and bend it to match your old one.

Napa usually has steel brake lines in different lengths that are pre flared. You just need to match up one with the same fittings and about the same length and bend it to match your old one.
Yeah that might be the quickest option

I have used Napa lines in the past and they are good enough for me for sure. (used them above my rear end housing for the rear brakes) I just didn't want to have to piece three different lines from the front all the way to the rubber line in the rear. Plus the wheel cylinder line on my 9 inch brakes was such a hard bend (for me anyway) i kinked two 6 inch pieces before i ordered the prebent one.
brake line.png
But yeah for yours it would be faster and cheaper to go with a napa line

I have those the other end looks like a mushroom not the regular flare that you are showing in your pic, Correct? Those were on 10x2 cast iron drums also called taxi cab drums. They were only available from the dealership which is why i bought 2 extra sets.

I have those the other end looks like a mushroom not the regular flare that you are showing in your pic, Correct? Those were on 10x2 cast iron drums also called taxi cab drums. They were only available from the dealership which is why i bought 2 extra sets.

Yeah that's right. I'm not sure why the different shape is necessary... or maybe the shape of the wheel cylinder just mushroomed the flange out when it was tightened.

I ended up just buying the parts from right stuff. Hated to pay $10 for shipping but I'd rather not have to deal with shaping a six inch line.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back