‘72 Demon. Electric fuel pump mount?? Pics?

-

wkroncke17

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
About to mount my fuel pump, and run fuel line.
Any pics showing where you guys think the best place to mount the pump and filter?
Thanks all!

A70A5EC9-F134-4C5B-9FBD-FC2B830AA01C.jpeg

70169397-A844-4E3E-9ED4-E62BB31CCEA2.jpeg

Some photos I found and the way I think I'm going. Mounting a plate between the upper shock blots, or where you see fit. Mounting the pump and in line filter on the plate. Pics 1 and 2 either side.

Last one was in the torque box but as mentioned if you are going to reinforce torque boxes keep it in mind.

With that said my no means follow my guidance just some ideas to kick around and some things I found digging.

300px-Holley_mount.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1405815356.877535.jpg

Pump.jpg

3rd pic most common...car is looking amazing Wally!!!!

Depending on how you are running exhaust. The right rear corner, inner frame rail area is a good place.

I'm not a fan of any of the pics posted above. All hang the pump and lines too low and expose them to road hazards a bit too much for my liking.

Most electric pump can pull uphill a bit. Nice thing about mounting a pump further back than the tank, it allows g-force to load your fuel line.

@wkroncke17 Car looks KILLER... love that one!

Last edited:
I mounted mine tucked up in the pocket aft of the spare tire well. It is mounted to an exhaust hanger rubber strap. Springs are mounted 1/2" inboard.

000_0393.JPG

000_0395.JPG

I mounted mine tucked up in the pocket aft of the spare tire well. It is mounted to an exhaust hanger rubber strap. Springs are mounted 1/2" inboard.

View attachment 1715535907

View attachment 1715535908

This is growing on me big time, as mentioned worried about hanging the pump to low, and as mentioned seems like a bit uphill is ok.

My question is what did you do the the stock sender location? Just capped the line out?

Last edited:
I made a bracket that bolts the the factory brackets for the gas tank straps.
Dart after Dana.jpg
Storm 006.JPG

This is growing on me big time, as mentioned worried about hanging the pump to low, and as mentioned seems like a bit uphill is ok.

My question is what did you do the the stock sender location? Just capped the line out?
I removed the 5/16" pickup tube and installed a short approx 4" 3/8" steel line (soldered) with a female -6AN nut to use as my return line. The return system solved all my issues of fuel perculation after interstate runs and heat soak starts. I'll get some pics of the rest of the system later today.

I removed the 5/16" pickup tube and installed a short approx 4" 3/8" steel line (soldered) with a female -6AN nut to use as my return line. The return system solved all my issues of fuel perculation after interstate runs and heat soak starts. I'll get some pics of the rest of the system later today.
@Jimmy2Times Here's the rest of the install. I still need to wrap the post fuel filter (large marine fuel/water seperator) with header wrap. I would recommend a return line system to quiet down and extend the pump life. It also keeps cool fuel supply to the carb.

000_0390.JPG

000_0396.JPG

000_0397.JPG

000_0398.JPG

000_0399.JPG

000_0400.JPG

Thank you all for the compliments!!
I've had this one since I was 15 years old (1983) and I really want to do it once, and do it right this time.
Thanks for the pics - I've got some good ideas, will post when it's done.
Wally.

I used mine for a return, w/ the sock cut off.

Man just a totally beautiful Demon! I ended up going with a in the tank solution as a result of that very situation you are facing. Running my lines was an issue as I reinforced torque box’s and run frame stiffeners. Here is a pix of how I did the lines. All #6AN both supply and return. Obviously no point in a pix of my pump, hah! Again Wally just a beautiful car, well done Sir.

A6C4799D-EFF9-4EE5-B3A2-D5B01A71B7AE.jpeg

94775E5E-A1FD-43DB-9540-934B50FA8CBC.jpeg

D5161BE4-24D1-42F1-8F07-4DB857ADC809.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
too low to suit me on a streetcar---------------------jmo

It's been on for years with no issues. The pan, headers, exhaust and center of the differential are all lower and have never hit anything either. Your mileage may vary.

-
Back