‘76 Duster with a 360 and sunroof (not mine)

-

H22A4

Does anyone read this?
Reaction score
There couldn’t have been too many Dusters with the 360 roll off the line in 1976??? It was an option instead of a separate model (Duster 360) in 1976. Plus this one has a sunroof too!

1976 Plymouth Duster 360 | eBay

From what I can see, they only made 34,681 Dusters total in 1976 and that's with all engines and options.
I bet they made less than 1000 of them with 360s and only a hand full of them would have had sunroofs.
A pretty rare car for sure........

Could have used some more pictures. - Strike that, I missed a whole slew of pictures further down.

By '76 they would have been a 2bbl single exhaust with a catalytic converter, correct? Not taking away from the car, I'd drive it if I owned it.

Last edited:
The Duster with the 360 wasn’t available in California in ‘76. This one was an early build ‘76 MY which might explain why it has the wood grain dash sticker instead of the black sticker overlay surrounding the gauges? It’s got the foot parking brake though which was only for ‘76.

There couldn’t have been too many Dusters with the 360 roll off the line in 1976??? It was an option instead of a separate model (Duster 360) in 1976. Plus this one has a sunroof too!

1976 Plymouth Duster 360 | eBay

Back in 78 there was a guy in Las Cruces that had about thirty Mopars his last name was Geiger. I wonder if this is his cars in the background in picture 5 and 6.

Could have used some more pictures. - Strike that, I missed a whole slew of pictures further down.

By '76 they would have been a 2bbl single exhaust with a catalytic converter, correct? Not taking away from the car, I'd drive it if I owned it.

They never put a 2 Barrel 360 in a duster. They were all four barrels they also had dual exhaust on the 360 s.

Model:

Duster

1970-1976

Submodel:

Duster Base Coupe

1970-1976

Optional equipment:

EEC segmentation:

S (sport cars)

Class:
sports car

Body style:
notchback coupe

Doors:

Traction:
RWD (rear-wheel drive)

Engine manufacturer:
Chrysler LA-series V-8 360

Engine type:
spark-ignition 4-stroke

Fuel type:
gasoline (petrol)

Fuel system:
carburetor

Charge system:

naturally aspirated

Valves per cylinder:

Valves timing:

Additional features:
Carter 4-barrel, dual exhaust

pushrod OHV, V-90deg

Horsepower and Torque curve for 1976 Plymouth Duster 360 V8 (aut. 3) offered since October 1975 for North America

Last edited:
My first mopar was a 76' Duster with a factory 360. Your correct it was an option and no longer a package. I had the build sheet for the car and they used the E58 spec 360 which was pretty much the same as the later Lil Red Express trucks.

Because it was an option and not a model I couldn't find the build numbers. Still wish I had never sold that car.

They never put a 2 Barrel 360 in a duster. They were all four barrels they also had dual exhaust on the 360 s.

Model:

Duster

1970-1976

Submodel:

Duster Base Coupe

1970-1976

Optional equipment:

EEC segmentation:

S (sport cars)

Class:
sports car

Body style:
notchback coupe

Doors:

Traction:
RWD (rear-wheel drive)

Engine manufacturer:
Chrysler LA-series V-8 360

Engine type:
spark-ignition 4-stroke

Fuel type:
gasoline (petrol)

Fuel system:
carburetor

Charge system:

naturally aspirated

Valves per cylinder:

Valves timing:

Additional features:
Carter 4-barrel, dual exhaust

pushrod OHV, V-90deg

Horsepower and Torque curve for 1976 Plymouth Duster 360 V8 (aut. 3) offered since October 1975 for North America

No idea on what carb they had, it was just a guess. I could have sworn I had a 75 or 76 Duster I used for parts back in 91 or so that I thought was a 360 2bbl, but it was a lot of years ago so who knows. What I did find recently does support the point that they were all 4bbl's, though.

If '75 was the year they mandated catalytic converters on cars, wouldn't that kind of force the dual exhaust to go away? Not certain where or when, maybe '75 was only for parts of the US (like California), but I thought it was nation wide. If so, pretty sure it would require a single exhaust.

75 cats were mandated, but some vehicals were exempted till 76. That’s why the cat hump is in the floor pan on the passenger side of 75 A bodies. My car is a 75 duster 360. Factory hp engine with 4bbl, dual exhaust. I’ve only seen 2 76 dusters with 360s and that was way back in the late 70s. Both were 2bbl with single exhaust. Kim

No idea on what carb they had, it was just a guess. I could have sworn I had a 75 or 76 Duster I used for parts back in 91 or so that I thought was a 360 2bbl, but it was a lot of years ago so who knows. What I did find recently does support the point that they were all 4bbl's, though.

If '75 was the year they mandated catalytic converters on cars, wouldn't that kind of force the dual exhaust to go away? Not certain where or when, maybe '75 was only for parts of the US (like California), but I thought it was nation wide. If so, pretty sure it would require a single exhaust.

I know that the 78 360 Dodge Magnum used dual cats on their dual exhaust and that was 2 years after the Dart and Duster died.
If you had a Dart or Duster with a 2 bbl 360 it was not original.

My first mopar was a 76' Duster with a factory 360. Your correct it was an option and no longer a package. I had the build sheet for the car and they used the E58 spec 360 which was pretty much the same as the later Lil Red Express trucks.

Because it was an option and not a model I couldn't find the build numbers. Still wish I had never sold that car.

FYI the Little Red Express did not use the E58 360 engine. It use what was called in EH1 which was a modified version of the E58 and only available in the Little Red Express.

Last edited:
Did the Duster 360 sell? What was the selling price? Thanks Pete

If you dig in to it. It list a phone number in the describtion. He's in Las Crus NM. Give him a call he has other cars also pictured in the background. (I contacted him about other things thru ebay)

With my 10 years of research ive only find 5-6 : 1976 360 dusters... 1 had one and it was a silver duster package with all the previous year 75 duster 360 package but was a bit more luxurious , it had a sunroof and 19 options, ive found that around 300ish duster had the 360 in 1976 and around 50 of them were sunroof and 360 equipped . Was a great car and good chances to buy it back , Extremely rare but not valuable !

-
Back