‘88 Cop Car at $35,000?

-
Come on man, that's a great car

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas.

440 cubic inch plant
Read the fine print,

"The 318ci V8 specified in the AHB Police Package featured hypereutectic pistons, cylinder heads from Plymouth’s 360ci engine, high-strength rocker arms, heavy-duty valve springs, nimonic exhaust valves, a Lubrite-treated camshaft, a double-roller timing chain, a heavy-duty water pump, and a windage tray. "

Read the fine print,

"The 318ci V8 specified in the AHB Police Package featured hypereutectic pistons, cylinder heads from Plymouth’s 360ci engine, high-strength rocker arms, heavy-duty valve springs, nimonic exhaust valves, a Lubrite-treated camshaft, a double-roller timing chain, a heavy-duty water pump, and a windage tray. "
Diymirage. Is quoting from the "Blues Brothers" movie.

For the Barney Fife in you.

That Is a Beautiful example of a 88 diplomat.However, My Brother, who was a Maricopa county deputy(Phoenix) from 1978 thru 2013 said the Mopar cop cars those years were the worst examples he was forced to drive,,ranking right down there with the Rambler(73-80).Power? in your dream only,,,,,,dangerous actually he said. Brakes in a panic stop? Forget about it. Dangerous to everybody,,,,,Hit a bump, front end goes out of alignment.
not like TJ hooker,,, but he did say the big C body Polaras were bad *** cars, 73-80 models, the few that were still around . He did say overall thru those years the Ford Crown Vic kicked *** on a daily basis, and was safe and reliable. Now today the Charger is held in high esteem right up with the crown Vics,According to the people I hear from there.
and the new Fords absolutley Suck!
35,000? Go look for a 68-69 charger, a little pricier, but a better Investment.

Sorry, but all passenger cars were fitted with catalytic converters beginning in 1975. Trucks were exempt, I don't find any information about police car exemptions.

Bet it cost way more than $35K to restore that thing.
Nice car for the Collector of Police Memorabilia.

I had an 88 Diplomat with the police package. No where near as nice as that one, but an un-marked car, maybe a detectives or township car? Only 67,000 miles on it. Had all the cop car equipment, engine & suspension wise. I got it at an auction for $200! Best $200 I ever spent. I beat the HELL out of that car & it NEVER let me down. Road good, handled good, stopped good. I loved that thing. Not pretty or quick, but a damn good car. I lent it to a friend who hit a deer going about 80 mph. Killed the deer, messed up the car pretty bad & not worth fixing. I drove that car home, a 2 1/2 hour ride, no kidding, with NO fan (radiator support was pushed way back on the passenger side) & the car never even cam close to over heating. I stripped all the "good" parts off it & scraped it. It was a good car & took a MAJOR beating to boot. $37,000? Someone must like that one A LOT!

Sorry, some people can state every baseball stat, some every Mopar part number, I'm lucky to remember what I had for lunch!

I've seen this car a couple times at the car shows by my house. That's a great example of a Cop Diplomat, with all the documentation. Will probably go up, good for the seller.

I've always like the look of a Diplomat cop car. Had one for awhile, wish I hadn't gutted it. Still have the alternator and alternator bracket if anyone wants to roll their own AHB car. :D

Wonder if the price is because of all the police memorabilia that comes with it?

Gorgeous car.

I thought that when a once cop car was retired in CA it had to be painted. I didnt think that a black n white (any car for that matter that was black n white) was allowed to be driven as a regular car. So it would only be utilized as a show piece. I am only going off of grey hair memory here so maybe someone has better grey hair info on this comment.

There is a guy in Vegas that had duplicated several Adam-12 cars.Used to see him around at the shows but was told he sold his cars.

Blues Brothers is one of my top ten movies of all time. Had a cop car like theirs too, but a 77 Royal Monaco.

The Diplomat was the car that got me thinking about buying a roll-out, 20 years later I purchased and restored a CHP 69 Polara, great car, loved it. After a few years of collecting dust I decided that a marked restored CHP car was not for me and sold it.

I have seen this Diplomat and it is a very nice example of a restored car, the trunk is fully equipped unlike mine.

Alan

I would love to have one like that, but an unmarked detective car. Like from Law and Order lol

Blue or silver

i806708.jpg

-
Back