‘Stumble’ GONE

-

rick_rawker

Reaction score
... so the only thing I changed today was the thermostat in my sons 74 Duster.
Went from 180 to 195 for the winter.
We were having hesitation problems all along in this 318 auto 2 bbl from a 72 Challenger donor car.
No more STUMBLING.
No more HESITATION.
OEM is 195, guess that’s what they need.

... so the only thing I changed today was the thermostat in my sons 74 Duster.
Went from 180 to 195 for the winter.
We were having hesitation problems all along in this 318 auto 2 bbl from a 72 Challenger donor car.
No more STUMBLING.
No more HESITATION.
OEM is 195, guess that’s what they need.

Weather???

It was 60 degrees here in Texas. It’s been running in that weather for a time or two.
So weather or not, I am just glad.
Maybe she passed a ‘stone’ in the carb.
Hell, I don’t know.

Me too,
that’s all I did though.
Has the intake been off recently, or at all? I can believe it if not, they're notorious for the exhaust crossovers plugging up solid with carbon, choke operation is slow to won't
fully open in cold weather,...slow to won't come off fast idle,.....and Yes,... hesitation because the cold intake manny is lean now. I've fixed well over a dozen of those for
exactly that issue, the extra water temp may have been just enough to mask it at this stage if that's the case..............

It was 60 degrees here in Texas. It’s been running in that weather for a time or two.
So weather or not, I am just glad.
Maybe she passed a ‘stone’ in the carb.
Hell, I don’t know.
I’m glad it’s running right. I know my car stubbles and runs like crap if it’s not warmed up. 160 is the perfect temp to start cruising for my car. :)

Has the intake been off recently, or at all? I can believe it if not, they're notorious for the exhaust crossovers plugging up solid with carbon, choke operation is slow to won't
fully open in cold weather,...slow to won't come off fast idle,.....and Yes,... hesitation because the cold intake manny is lean now. I've fixed well over a dozen of those for
exactly that issue, the extra water temp may have been just enough to mask it at this stage if that's the case..............
Intake has not been off since we had it , who knows about the past.
We bought the 318 from a guy going to a 340 for his 72 Challenger.
He has a reputable shop that does his work.
He did say the mechanic there had rebuilt the stock carb.
He sold me a new distributor with it for cheap, saying that’s what he thought was the problem with its stumbling.
We installed it when we did the R+R and timed. It has had hesitation nevertheless until today.

Intake has not been off since we had it , who knows about the past.
We bought the 318 from a guy going to a 340 for his 72 Challenger.
He has a reputable shop that does his work.
He did say the mechanic there had rebuilt the stock carb.
He sold me a new distributor with it for cheap, saying that’s what he thought was the problem with its stumbling.
We installed it when we did the R+R and timed. It has had hesitation nevertheless until today.
Sounds like a good possibility then, but if She's running OK for You as is down there, I wouldn't pull it just to see unless there are other reasons like leaking, or You have a
nice LD4B You're itching to drop on it!:)

Sounds like a good possibility then, but if She's running OK for You as is down there, I wouldn't pull it just to see unless there are other reasons like leaking, or You have a
nice LD4B You're itching to drop on it!:)
I hear that...
Thanks !

-
Back