“Ugly Betty” the ugliest Torquer intake on Earth

-
How about the ported SM numbers next to the ported Torker Numbers.

Any idea what the final tally is on time spent doing the Torker?

I can do that later today but I’ll have to list two sets of numbers. Like I said I actually put a hole in the one runner I have to repair and it turned out great, but nit until upper lifts up past where I would ever use this intake. A couple of the ports were pathetic as in like 220’s max flow. Like Brian said the X in the front and rear of the speedmaster are small, very small and that can’t be fixed. Just looking at the SM and a LD340 shows this. They must have copied the LD4B intake.

Ok here’s the speedmaster and Victor340 added to the list. On the speedmaster intake you will see best runner and worst listed on top
8C6104B6-765C-4A27-B210-EB6E3C032518.jpeg

Wow....... quite a spread there on the SM intake.

I can see why you decided to take on the Torker.

It’s a shame because like I said if the would have modeled the runners more like the LD340 they could have nailed it. If you are going to copy something copy something worthwhile.
How do you personally rate the Gen 1 Torker in comparison to the Victor or an Air Gap RPM?

How do you personally rate the Gen 1 Torker in comparison to the Victor or an Air Gap RPM?

My Son, I, and many others love the Victor340 but it isn’t perfect out of the box. But then again other than a big block B1 intake that needs very little work nothing usually is. And it’s not just Mopar intakes. I ported a set of Chevy cast iron Dart Platinum heads and a set of AFR220 heads for a buddy and when we bolted his Victor Jr on it we were shocked. He told me to go ahead and port it but he also ordered a Dart intake. I had his Victor Jr ported and when the Dart came he wanted to see both results. The Victor Jr I ported killed the Dart so he had me port it too. Lol. I loved my Victor W2 intake too after porting it. I owned an RPM years ago but sold it before I ever tried it. I wish I still had it. And the two LD340’s I sold.

So, if I might ask, which manifolds for SB Mopar have you ported and flowed? And how do they compare to the factory cast 340 manifolds in your opinion?

I’m just going to send my manifolds to you. Evidently you love grinding on them, or it’s a form of self flagellation...could be both I suppose LOL.

I appreciate all the numbers. You are THE porting animal for sure!!!!

I was thinkin maybe you meant self flatulation. LOL

Anyway, that thing's hideous. It sure flows good though. LOL

So, if I might ask, which manifolds for SB Mopar have you ported and flowed? And how do they compare to the factory cast 340 manifolds in your opinion?

never did or never will port any factory cast iron intakes. I removed my last one in the 1970’s and threw it on the scrap pile and upgraded. I’ve ported
torker
Victor340
Victor W2
Super Victor
Speedmaster
Indy
I think that’s it as far as small block Mopars.

never did or never will port any factory cast iron intakes. I removed my last one in the 1970’s and threw it on the scrap pile and upgraded. I’ve ported
torker
Victor340
Victor W2
Super Victor
Speedmaster
Indy
I think that’s it as far as small block Mopars.
Interesting. I've read here and other places that the stock cast 340 SB flows nearly as well as some of the big boys, but nobody that claims that has listed flow bench numbers to back it up. I like the fact you are comparing apples to apples with your list.

That factory intake is very good. Don’t discount it!
Flow numbers aren’t everything.

Interesting. I've read here and other places that the stock cast 340 SB flows nearly as well as some of the big boys, but nobody that claims that has listed flow bench numbers to back it up. I like the fact you are comparing apples to apples with your list.

every small block engine that I’ve bought (ever) except the 340 engine in my very first 1972 duster (340) has been minus the heads and intakes. And back in 1975 the first thing we added was a Holley carb and aluminum intake. Heck headers were just becoming street legal around that time in Pa. Next week or the week after I should be able to post up Indy intake flow numbers on an Edelbrock head. The heads should flow around 325cfm. Hope a few more.

-
Back