.030" longer push rods and where to find them.

-

thesiren74

Reaction score
I believe i need longer pushrods with my aluminum heads and heavy duty stamped rocker arms. Ticking after it gets warmed up, i had this issue with my 360 and purchased .030" longer pushrods but having a hell of a time the for a RB.

Smith Brothers pushrods are awesome. They'll make 'em any length u need.

I believe i need longer pushrods with my aluminum heads and heavy duty stamped rocker arms. Ticking after it gets warmed up, i had this issue with my 360 and purchased .030" longer pushrods but having a hell of a time the for a RB.

hughs engines , they used to loan a pushrod checker you set it and send it to them , they make the length that u sent .
I bought a checker for a r/b from them .

mopar --------

ehhhhhh.....why not just adjust the rockers down a little more? .030"? really?

Stamp steel, stealth heads i have roller rockers but didn't want to spend money on pushrods for those when i plan on changing the cam next year.

Stamp steel, stealth heads i have roller rockers but didn't want to spend money on pushrods for those when i plan on changing the cam next year.
Why have two sets of push rods, put the rollers on now and the proper push rod,
Why mess with the stamp rockers.

Maybe throws the geometry off too much ---------no way I could adjusted mine w/o longer pushrods and keep it right , but mine are 9.400 long.

This is what im working with.
20210329_175556.jpg

They are mopar performance heavy duty rockers I've used for 3yrs now, yes you can use these on these heads with a small cam.

Nice setup, i can't figure why dude is pissy about what im doing? This is going to work it's not a race engine and again its a tiny cam with stock style rockers it's been done forever.
Stay with you stock parts. Unless you have some killer spring rate? You are probably the wisest one here in this post. Good luck on your goal. Call the pushrod company. Don is a wealth of info. Even if you don't buy anything. He will talk your ear off. :)

I have a hard time understanding why you wouldn't just use the adjustable roller rockers if you're getting new pushrods anyway.
yes the stamp rocker will work, but setting preload would be much easier with the adjustable roller

I have a hard time understanding why you wouldn't just use the adjustable roller rockers if you're getting new pushrods anyway.
yes the stamp rocker will work, but setting preload would be much easier with the adjustable roller
Cost is alway a huge factor for rocker arms. Vs a set of push rods.

-
Back