09+ VVT and MDS bypass?

-

dadodgekid

When in doubt... floor it
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud here, does anyone know where to get a kit for blocking off the MDS and also what to do about the VVT on a 2011 5.7? Im looking at buying a complete motor from a truck to swap into my demon, but I want to simplify it a bit. or should i just find a earlier 6.1 or 5.7 to used the heads on... Any input is appricated.

What engine management are you going to be using? If you're using the stock computer there's no need to do anything to the vvt unless you're going to run a bigger cam and need a limiter. If you're going to an aftermarket ecu (Holley, Megasquirt, FAST, etc), you need to lock the cam phaser with the comp cams kit and then figure out a way to degree the cam since no adjustable timing set is available.

I have a 2010 5.7 running on Holley EFI with the cam locked out and couldn't be happier. What direction you go really depends on what you're looking to get out of it and what your goals/skills are. And what your time is worth.

Just thinking out loud here, does anyone know where to get a kit for blocking off the MDS and also what to do about the VVT on a 2011 5.7? Im looking at buying a complete motor from a truck to swap into my demon, but I want to simplify it a bit. or should i just find a earlier 6.1 or 5.7 to used the heads on... Any input is appricated.
Just unplug the solenoid sand ur good to go been running 2 of them in my pulling tractor only problem is nobody has a ign to work with them so ur stuck to factory

-
Back