1.5 vs 1.6 rockers

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done a "before and after" 1.5 vs 1.6 rockers? I know you gain about .030 lift, and it will make the ramp "faster". I was wondering if anyone has done ONLY this change and seen E.T. results?

Along with that, if a lobes specs (duration at the various lifts) are based on a 1.5 ratio and you use 1.6 instead, what would the duration specs increase by then, typically, in general, or roughly... short of actually measuring.

Very simple to figure. Here we go.

To figure what lift will be from 1.5, divide the lift at the valve by 1.5. This figure equals lobe lift, which is the actual lift of the camshaft lobe without rocker ratio influence.

No, take the lobe lift figure and multiply that times 1.6 and you have your new lift number using 1.6 rockers.

Is that what you were asking?

Along with that, if a lobes specs (duration at the various lifts) are based on a 1.5 ratio and you use 1.6 instead, what would the duration specs increase by then, typically, in general, or roughly... short of actually measuring.

The duration does change, although VERY minimally. Something on the order of plus or minus 2*. It is a very negligible amount. It is fair to say the difference is all in the lift.

And no, it will not make the ramp "faster". Only modifications to the ramp on the lobe itself can do that.

Last edited:
hopefully SOMEBODY here has tried it and can report on it, or else it will be another thing I'll have to add to my bucket list :D
My question is, is there a cheaper budget set of 1.6 rockers? The harland sharps cost nearly a grand that just seems ridiculously expensive to me.

I'm not sure what's necessary about them except for maybe trying to get a little bit more out of a can and not having to change the cam? Just use one point fives and get a bigger cam...

Very simple to figure. Here we go.

To figure what lift will be from 1.5, divide the lift at the valve by 1.5. This figure equals lobe lift, which is the actual lift of the camshaft lobe without rocker ratio influence.

No, take the lobe lift figure and multiply that times 1.6 and you have your new lift number using 1.6 rockers.

Is that what you were asking?
Well, what I was really asking is if anybody went from 1.5 to 1.6 testing before/after results at a drag strip.

I'm not sure what's necessary about them except for maybe trying to get a little bit more out of a can and not having to change the cam? Just use one point fives and get a bigger cam...
But not really looking for different ways to add lift, just wondering if anyone has gone to the 1.6 from 1.5 and has made a difference on the ET slip.

I haven’t went from 1.5 to 1.6 but I have went from stamped steel to to cast iron adjustables. Car was a 67 dart GT 1970 340 re ringed with the purple shaft 284/484. 727 with factory hi stall and 3.55 gears. It ran a 13.35 1/4 mile. After the change 13.22. Kim

I haven’t went from 1.5 to 1.6 but I have went from stamped steel to to cast iron adjustables. Car was a 67 dart GT 1970 340 re ringed with the purple shaft 284/484. 727 with factory hi stall and 3.55 gears. It ran a 13.35 1/4 mile. After the change 13.22. Kim
thanks... appreciate it :)

I know late 90's street renegade class of FFW had camshaft limitations, the class leaders were running 1.73 ratio on thier exhaust and 1.6 on intake. I dont know by how much the increase was but know that they say it works.

Well, what I was really asking is if anybody went from 1.5 to 1.6 testing before/after results at a drag strip.

Well it was clear as mud the way you asked it. At least to me.

Why would the duration change ?

"It just does". I cannot tell you why, because I am too stupid. But it does change. I've seen it on the degree wheel and talked to others who have experienced it, as well as read up on it. I just do not know the exact answer.

"It just does". I cannot tell you why, because I am too stupid. But it does change. I've seen it on the degree wheel and talked to others who have experienced it, as well as read up on it. I just do not know the exact answer.
It just does...
I cannot tell you why LOL....
Translation: I'm just jabberin to be jabberin....

It just does...
I cannot tell you why LOL....
Translation: I'm just jabberin to be jabberin....

No. I am speaking fact. It happens. I am admitting that I don't know WHY something happens. Your quote above was the useless one. Totally and completely.

No. I am speaking fact. It happens. I am admitting that I don't know WHY something happens. Your quote above was the useless one. Totally and completely.
Don't get me started on what's totally and completely useless LOL...
Sure got you to respond quick...
FISH ON!!....BAhahahaha....

But who contributed to the thread and who did not?

Oh and congratulations, smartbutt. You made the cut.

-
Back