1.65 adjustable rocker arms

-
That's a lot of dough for something that adds no power.

That's a lot of dough for something that adds no power.
Well, I'd end up with .560" lift using those with this unit I spec'd to Comp...looking for loose change now........
20221207_135107.jpg

Well, I'd end up with .560" lift using those with this unit I spec'd to Comp...looking for loose change now........
View attachment 1716022358
That's about their only benefit. Getting the ratio either corrected or added to......which "could" add a little. Still a pile to pay. I would talk to Gary at RAU first. He can modify Buick straight 8 rockers to be accurate. That may be what I do with this engine on the stand.

No I have not seen that. I talked straight to Gary a while back when I realized the Buick rockers could be "close" and he confirmed that they had made it work.

I used those yells terra rockers. Once. Because my customer was a cheap screw. They were garbage.

Really??? Where did You get them "cheap"? Or were they used?

My customer found them and bought them. I have no idea where they came from. They were brand new. Being a cheap screw, the guy didn’t want to spend the money on Jesel rockers for his 18* Chevy heads so he found that garbage.

So he spent more money than he should have if he’d have just bought the Jesel stuff first.

Aussie company who make some really good gear, the 'platinum series' are very high quality but $1200US + shipping is a bit up there.
I used those yells terra rockers. Once. Because my customer was a cheap screw. They were garbage.
They make a 'street terra' budget line which is probably what you ran into, these come in a Yella Terra box (or at least used to) so people think they are the higher end parts.

I use yella terra.
I agree very much indeed that they make 2 lines.
cast street terra rockers , the clue is in the name, they are replacement adjustables, for moderate HP enegines.
forged "yella" OR "race" -terra rockers, depending on vintage, they were all just "yella" and were indeed yellow in colour before the introduction of the street range.
Race version for big springs and high lift, race focused

these are robust as hell and rebuildable you buy 1 set and you never need to buy another

i purchased a grenaded head with yellaterras on, for cheap, stripped all parts off the rockers apart from roller tip and rebuilt on new trunion/ shafts 20 years ago... and have had to do little since.

pleanty said "what?!!!! ""second hand aluminium off an failed engine?" you are daft to do that.... well they've been fine.

they used to do big block stuff as well which was exceedingly well regarded but at the time no market in Oz for them and the US is a hard nut to crack....
good few sets found homes in the UK

the trunion based stud mount stuff uses a bigger roller tip and bigger bore drawn cup bearings on the shaft or trunnion than an equivelent comp cams rocker
and they comein ratios up to 7.2.1

see also Rollmaster/Romac dampers and timing sets another aussie brand of quality. the timing sets even have their key slots in the right place.. when you dial in your cam straight up as the grinder intended, whoa yeah the dots line up.....wierd.. choose a brand from summit and they don't.

german IWIS chains, added bonus, Nice.

the quality of aussie parts is usually high becasue they don't make millions and millions of em, and they still put the time in to quality check, before the postman takes them away.

if its small block or six cylinder stuff you need don't discount aussie parts....they tend to be good and fit...
ive sent nothing back to an australian supplier, but calling and having a chat is always good, at the point of purchase. does the purchase fit with intended use.....

11 race and 1 yella of the same type below... this was taken in 2009 while is was rebuilding 2 other rockers..i was moving to a matched (colour) set.
that oily old motor is now having a rest but the rockers live on, in the one currently in the car which certainly gives them more work to do than the old 2barrel BBD motor

Dave

Check my gusset Bolt.JPG

Last edited:
and $1600AUD looks to be about $1000 USD today

the race stuff is now called "platinum" 600LB spring pressure the rest is street 450 lb

and yes back on doing big block and jeep stuff again...

Last edited:
and $1600AUD looks to be about $1000 USD today

the race stuff is now called "platinum" 600LB spring pressure the rest is street 450 lb

and yes back on doing big block and jeep stuff again...
Thx for the product insight, helpful for those shopping around, or planning a project. To Rat's point, if You're jumpin' into serious heads, trying to go cheap usually is false economy. Especially with those parts.

Aussie company who make some really good gear, the 'platinum series' are very high quality but $1200US + shipping is a bit up there.

They make a 'street terra' budget line which is probably what you ran into, these come in a Yella Terra box (or at least used to) so people think they are the higher end parts.

Nope. They were their “race” rockers for 18 degree chevy heads. So whatever that was in 2001.

fair enough i can understand that, were they the stud mount, 7/16 stud with posi locks

i have heard of snapped studs but that tends to be people who don't pay attention to geometry.. the well in the middle of the rocker is only so long.....

Shaft mount rockers seem like candidates for some cross platform Frankenstein stuff. Just match the adapted Rocker shaft and mount it. Could even offset a smaller shaft for a different ratio and alignment. Ask Rob how his Buick rocker experiment panned out.

Figured I'd bump this in light of the new Power Nation Slanty thread, and that I answered My own question by going back to the site link here. Since the adjusters are cup style, they are pressure-fed & drilled to feed oil to the ball-end pushrod end a-la H-S rollers on-shaft like the Olds units, so they feed the EDM lifters down thru a typical drilled ball&ball pushrod......which given the arrangement may accommodate hydraulic lifters/cams with the appropriate oiling supply to the top...not that you'd want to particularly.

-
Back