$1.69 Kickdown setup on my 904

-

MY340

Reaction score
My Duster was missing the kickdown lever rod from carb when I got the car. Luckily car hadn't been driven much by previous owner since fresh rebuild on tranny.

Got a free rod from a later model SB car and purchased a turnbuckle setup from Lowes. Cut, welded and now have an easily adjustable rod and the tranny shifts great.

MacGyver would be proud of me.:toothy10:

IMAG0002.jpg

MY340....you got skills! thats cool man i wish i knew how to do stuff like that, instead i had to pay $100 for a lokar setup.

I thought about a Lokar or Bouchillion setup at first but I'm on a self induced budget with this car. Getting the rod free, finding the turnbuckle at Lowes and doing the cutting & welding in our shop at work made it worth trying.

You can see I had to flip the rod over due to the throttle bracket I extended upward also for the taller Weiand Stealth manifold and 1" spacer.

I thought it might help someone who is having problems with their kickdown setup or debating staying stock or going aftermarket.

Aftermarket manifold sare sometimes hard to use a factory setup. I just modified everything to make it work.:-D

-
Back