1" just suspension torsion bars on sale again. $159

-
Helluva deal. I'd buy 'em, but don't want my car sitting higher than stock.

Think I could adjust them to factory ride height with a smallblock?

Of course deals like this always show up after I've already bought a set. They make a drastic differance! I think its the best improvement done to the front suspension of my dart

Helluva deal. I'd buy 'em, but don't want my car sitting higher than stock.

Think I could adjust them to factory ride height with a smallblock?

Ironmike, I am running them on my 66 Valiant and it looks stock - but handles very well. NO sway bar required on the front with these, but I will warn you they can be a little harsh on crappy roads like we have in Hampton Roads area and my car is a daily driver so it can get old. I bought these the last time they had this deal, you cannot beat this price.
If it is just a toy and there are some decent twistys close by, you will enjoy them. I think they are perfect for a '67 up a body...

Ironmike, I am running them on my 66 Valiant and it looks stock - but handles very well. NO sway bar required on the front with these, but I will warn you they can be a little harsh on crappy roads like we have in Hampton Roads area and my car is a daily driver so it can get old. I bought these the last time they had this deal, you cannot beat this price.
If it is just a toy and there are some decent twistys close by, you will enjoy them. I think they are perfect for a '67 up a body...

What shocks you running? They could give ya harshness your talking about.

I am interested but with a 67 DART and 360 / auto will they ride rough??
should I go to a .9. We have lousy streets here so I am concerned about it riding like a truck

How well will they work in a 64 slant 6/4 speed? I am into handling more than comfort. I do have HD V8 station wagon springs in back

The 1" torsion bars are not harsh at all...Not like you would think. I have them on my 68 cuda with a smallblock. Handles just fine. Feels nice and tight.

I am interested but with a 67 DART and 360 / auto will they ride rough??
should I go to a .9. We have lousy streets here so I am concerned about it riding like a truck

i think they ride nice. harshness is personal feel. some may think harsh others think firm but not harsh. i don't think they are harsh at all. the shocks play a lot into it also.

How well will they work in a 64 slant 6/4 speed? I am into handling more than comfort. I do have HD V8 station wagon springs in back

we just put them on a friends 68 dart slant 6 car. she likes the way it rides. doing the rear suspension next.

i think quite a few guys here bought them last year when they were on sale. hopefully some of them will chme in and let us know how they like them.

Not to worry about the deal - they don't have any. Ordered a set and got a line of BS that they take 2 weeks to truck freight to them. No real delivery date. Ridiculous...Firm Feel, in stock.

I have stock torsion bars with a 1-1/8 solid sway bar. I was thinking about getting a set of these but wasnt sure if it was really necessary. Anyone have an opinion.

Nice price! Dont think they'd work with my bracket/weekend cruiser plan though. Probably too stiff for good weight transfer at the track.

Imma thinkng my stock 318 tbars will work o,k with a bb and something like an adjustable QA1 shock

I have stock torsion bars with a 1-1/8 solid sway bar. I was thinking about getting a set of these but wasnt sure if it was really necessary. Anyone have an opinion.

I think they would really help.

Nice price! Dont think they'd work with my bracket/weekend cruiser plan though. Probably too stiff for good weight transfer at the track.

Imma thinkng my stock 318 tbars will work o,k with a bb and something like an adjustable QA1 shock

Yea for the track your probably better with the 318 ones.

i just followed the link at the top,,,took my order...4 hours left

We hope you enjoy your purchase. Your payment has been received for the following
item:
Item title: Mopar HP torsion bars 67 68 69 70 71 72 Dart Valiant
Web Address: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250701703482
Item number: 250701703482
Buyer User ID: mrbill
Seller User ID: just-suspension
Your total: $159.96

Received 2 torsion bars today.
..probably won't get'em in till summer....
but i got'em..along with the shocks and brakes...

I always heard 1" bars ride hard?

I played it safe and went with .89 bars on my car with the Addco sway bar set. Great balance of ride and handling for me.

I have them in my 69, it rides like a 1 ton dually, no body roll on corners, but very harsh at slow speed! Probably doesnt help with SS springs in rear though.

I have them in my 69, it rides like a 1 ton dually, no body roll on corners, but very harsh at slow speed! Probably doesnt help with SS springs in rear though.

SS springs certainly don't help. They are stiffer than most aftermarket handling leafs.

I ran my .99" t-bar with original stock 340 rear leafs (worn).

-
Back