10 Classic Muscle Cars That Aged Well (5 That Are Worthless Today)

-
Typical bullshit article. Shows a 68 RR with a hood scoop they never came with........'

road-runner.jpg

That Roadrunner is identical to mine, minus the hood. B5 blue post car with Road wheels. I don't hate the hood, but I do like my stock hood better. Wife has an SE Trans Am like the one pictured in the article.

Seriously. It's like a car article written by someone who doesn't know the first thing about old cars. Since when were Pintos and Gremlins considered "Muscle Cars"?

Agreed, the author is clueless about the subject, I guess in whatever universe this scribe lives in the was never an Oldsmobile 442 before 1966. A Toronado? Really? Sure it had a 425 cube mill that made an advertised 385 hp, but it was marketed as a luxury car, nevermind that it was front wheel drive.
Clearly the '65 Pontiac Catalina was much more of a muscle car than the GTO! Then there's the laughable suggestion that a '78 Trans Am had "strong performance and can still keep up with modern vehicles too", right, with it's blistering 400 cubic inch engine, making a tremendous 220 hp. Yep, that will strike fear into the hearts of 5.7 hemi owners, and all those GM LS engines or the Ford Coyote 5.0, all of which make somewhere in the realm of 400 hp or more.
No Camaro powered by a 4 cylinder "Iron Duke" qualifies as a musclecar, and I can't stop laughing at the reference to the Pinto and '78 Gremlin as musclecars. These kinds of articles would have been good for no more than lining the bottom of a birdcage or stocking the outhouse.

When I saw the Pinto, I thought ''Where do they find these guys''?
By doing a little research (and I mean a little), the Ford Pinto was created as an economy car to counter act the increasing sales of foreign imports.
It was never intended or marketed to be a muscle car.
Ever.......

Seriously. It's like a car article written by someone who doesn't know the first thing about old cars. Since when were Pintos and Gremlins considered "Muscle Cars"?
Agreed!
NEVER!!!!!!

The answer to the question.
The best the Gremlin did was a Grermlin “X” w/a 304 I think it was.

When I saw the Pinto, I thought ''Where do they find these guys''?
By doing a little research (and I mean a little), the Ford Pinto was created as an economy car to counter act the increasing sales of foreign imports.
It was never intended or marketed to be a muscle car.
Ever.......

Might as well have included the Vega Cosworth in that list.

-
Back