100ll fuel line

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
hey guys, I’ve been running 100ll fuel for awhile now, I’ve been through about 50 gallons, no problems with drivability or motor, car absolutely loves it..... but I noticed today a leak spot in the driveway, and noticed an empty fuel cell... so I poured a little in the cell and found a leak from the line, there is no noticeable cut Or anything but it’s deffinately coming from line, it’s stainless braided summit line. Is it possible the fuel ate the rubber lining?

Find out the base manufacturer (I don't know what that is from your number) and look up the specs. ALL hose other than "3rd world" has specs somewhere that tell you the pressure and materials compatability, temperature, etc

Been running the avgas in our drag car and our 64 polara mix with no i'll affects for years

NO, I've ran it solely in my car for years. Actually in my lawn mower and other things as well and it's the best gas I've ever used. I've turned away from it this year just because it's not as convenient. But I sure do miss it and it's not doing anything to your fuel lines it's just bad luck and you got a leak. Anyways if it would have been that non-ethanol crap it would have been a plug LOL

I always had it in my mind that airplane gas would be the better quality? I mean you don't want the lines plugging up you don't want them to leak and you don't want it going bad! It's not like you can pull to the side of the road and call the Wrecker!

Airboated for many years. Always airplane engines. Always had 100ll around so it would eventually find it's way into atv's, lawnmowers etc. Everything not jetted for it always ran lean. I mean white spark plug lean. And ran hot. Just food for thought. Be careful.

I had a wideband in the car and checked plugs many times..... I previously ran cam 2 50/50 with pump gas.... and actually the mixture was richer with the 100ll than the cam 2 mix, but I got that straightened out, I also used my buddies snap on bore scope to look at pistons and valves and no odd build up or abundance of carbon, all looked well..... except for the fuel line haha, I might replace it with aluminum line.... or the PTFE braided hose

I had a wideband in the car and checked plugs many times..... I previously ran cam 2 50/50 with pump gas.... and actually the mixture was richer with the 100ll than the cam 2 mix, but I got that straightened out, I also used my buddies snap on bore scope to look at pistons and valves and no odd build up or abundance of carbon, all looked well..... except for the fuel line haha, I might replace it with aluminum line.... or the PTFE braided hose
I'm having opposite you are right now? And just like the previous poster? I just switch from hundred LL to a 50/50 mixture of 110 Sunoco leaded and 92 non-ethanol unleaded. And now one to two points richer.

Guess everything is a little different lol, why the switch from 100ll to a 50/50?

Also my problem wasn’t all the way across the board.... the idle mixture and wot mixture stayed the same but ran richer in the cruise range on 100ll

The switch was for convenience it's just going to the airport and getting gas and coming back. When I get the Sunoco it's almost the same distance but it's just a little bit more convenient and I can mix it with gas that I can get close by and make it stretch for there for the same amount of effort. Convenience....

Yea, I got a set of rpm heads coming so it will be a pump gas deal very soon.... can’t beat the convenience of that!

I run a 50\50 mix of 100ll and esso 91 the 418 loves it . and I like the smell

I always had it in my mind that airplane gas would be the better quality? I mean you don't want the lines plugging up you don't want them to leak and you don't want it going bad! It's not like you can pull to the side of the road and call the Wrecker!
OR COAST TO A STOP ! I used to run it in my street hemi, it would rattle if I diluted it w/ even 1 gal. of pump gas.

I must have really bad luck, the other week before it started getting below freezing I drained the radiator and filled with fresh antifreeze, started it up to get everything circulating and found fuel leaks at accelerator pump arms, metering blocks, and at the regulator

-
Back