11.75" conversion...Can I use a-body slider calipers?

-

jtolbert

Reaction score
Say I decide to round up the parts for an 11.75" rotor conversion on my Valiant, which already has a '73-'76 BBP disc setup. Can I get away with using my a-body calipers or do I need to hunt down a set of later calipers? I've been doing a bunch of reading and this bit wasn't exactly clear.

Thanks in advance.

As long as you use the slider brackets that match the 11.75 rotors, your calipers will work.

Revhendo: thanks. I may be able to grab a set of calipers off a donor car anyway, but we'll see. Did they use the same calipers for everything after '73, except for pin vs. slider?

I think the A bodies used a slightly smaller piston in their calipers. If you pick up another set of calipers, watch out for the ones that have a raised boss for the banjo bolt that points straight down. It will interfere with suspension pieces. (Found that out the hard way).

A-bodies got the larger caliper pistons in 76. Helps brake balance. If you can find slider type caliper adapters for the larger disks, it should be a bolt together. If you find two sets, let me know, I'm looking for a pair.

-
Back