[WANTED] 12 340 Springs with dampers

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few sets laying around...
how much seat pressure/installed height are you looking for?

Cam Style:Mechanical flat tappet

Basic Operating RPM Range:1,800-5,600

Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift:220

Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift:220

Duration at 050 inch Lift:220 int./220 exh.

Advertised Intake Duration:256

Advertised Exhaust Duration:256

Advertised Duration:256 int./256 exh.

Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio:0.473 in.

Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio:0.473 in.

Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio:0.473 int./0.473 exh.

Lobe Separation (degrees):110

Intake Valve Lash:0.022 in.

Exhaust Valve Lash:0.022 in

iam installing a camshaft with with .473 lift i dunno if that helps?

It helps some.. So you are just going to R&R your OEM 6 cyl springs? You may need retainers too. (been a long while since I peered at a 6 cyl..)
I believe the 6 cyl springs have a smaller spring OD as well... if so, you will have to either have your spring seats cut, or just order a new set with the same OD as your OEM springs..
I have 2 sets that are 1.440 OD and one other set. I will check in the morning...

There also might be rocker arm interference when going with a larger diameter valve spring.

There also might be rocker arm interference when going with a larger diameter valve spring.

Yes, normally, that's an issue. But the 6cyl rockers are Looong. I would be more concerned with getting the installed height correct if the OE retainers won't work for some reason or another..
Can't blame him for wanting to find the most expedient way to get some 'valve spring' on it :)

iam installing a camshaft with with .473 lift i dunno if that helps?

Can you measure the OD of your existing springs? I have a couple of sets, but I think the OD's are too big.

With the 340 springs I would need the valve retainers due to the differences in spring diameter I'm guessing

Ok,
I have 2 sets to pull from..
A) stockish 360 type. single/damper Measure 95# @ 1.65 installed height and 280# open (1.150) 1.495 OD May not be enough spring for cam. borderline. but inexpensive. (I will measure, and pull best springs out of this set) Springs/retainers $25 shipped.
B) PAC's single w/damper measure 142 # @ 1.65 Inst. Ht and 355 # open (.500, or 1.150)
1.490 OD More spring than you need, even with the heavy 6cyl valvetrain but, will give room to grow.. (I would recommend EDM lifters with these springs..) PAC springs/Stk retainers $40 shipped

AGAIN, measure your OE springs to confirm OD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back