13.3's to 11.8's to Forget it...

whose got this?

• 318hasason 392 Hemi

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • 318isaDad 360 Duster

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
-
You don't think OE iron heads can run 11's??
I believe they can with a little work
With even a decent set of heads, 3.9X gears and the CORRECT converter (which means IMO 4200 would be the bottom of the RPM range and and 4500 would be better) and it's reall easy to get into the 11's.
Contrary to the common claim that displacement makes power, you don't need a 4 inch stroke to make power and you damn sure don't need more than 6000 RPM with a 3.313 stroke. And if someone doesn't like that FACT, take it up with Harold Bettes. I know he is smarter than me. He made the claim and he backed it up with SCIENCE. Of course, if you don't study the IC engine none of what he says matter.
Please share some info for a stock block 360 combo that would dip into the 11's. and be serious. TIA

I believe they can with a little work

Please share some info for a stock block 360 combo that would dip into the 11's. and be serious. TIA
I was hoping for the whole thread to get a little serious just about the day 318 went AWOL.. but it looks like he was pushed a little too far... that's precisely why I put him on ignore for a few hours or a couple days so I can get some clear answers on things. Also the same reason I've done it to Yellow Rose as well just so I can move forward just for a little bit and then get back to the chaos... Actually I'm pretty much already quoted him asking in the same question but maybe if you ask it will be different..

I was hoping for the whole thread to get a little serious just about the day 318 went AWOL.. but it looks like he was pushed a little too far... that's precisely why I put him on ignore for a few hours or a couple days so I can get some clear answers on things. Also the same reason I've done it to Yellow Rose as well just so I can move forward just for a little bit and then get back to the chaos... Actually I'm pretty much already quoted him asking in the same question but maybe if you ask it will be different..

LOL. Putting me on ignore to move forward is like using a pea shooter to shoot an elephant.

You only put on ignore those who tell,what,you NEED to hear and not what you WANT to hear.

LOL. Putting me on ignore to move forward is like using a pea shooter to shoot an elephant.

You only put on ignore those who tell,what,you NEED to hear and not what you WANT to hear.
Come on man quit avoiding the question...
Besides that he's only quitting the form for six weeks you did for six months...

Dumb things that you did.......because you didn't know any better.
I started reading a thread about going from 13.3's to 11.8's

Just so there is no misunderstanding, my quote in the above thread was in reference to all the negative reaction to the thought of running 11s with a decent stock short block.

I also do not understand the the doubts about the longevity of the shortblock. Its not like he has to rev it to the moon. If he keeps oil to it , it should lead a long life. Yes, a decent oil pan would help.

As to gears he is willing to step up a bit.........

I'd like 3.23's, but if I don't reach it I may go 3.73, no higher though.

It’s not that hard guys and way easier today.

Pittsburgh's post about sums it up.

I Love them small block Mopars. They have always done me well. Some of the low dollar, low compression, pieces of "Lawn Fudge" ran real well, and gave me years of service.

Just read the engine recipes in the Mopar Performance engine manual. Plenty of stock block 11 second builds. With old school camshafts that shouldn't run in a go cart according to some forum geniuses.

Dumb things that you did.......because you didn't know any better.

Just so there is no misunderstanding, my quote in the above thread was in reference to all the negative reaction to the thought of running 11s with a decent stock short block.

I also do not understand the the doubts about the longevity of the shortblock. Its not like he has to rev it to the moon. If he keeps oil to it , it should lead a long life. Yes, a decent oil pan would help.

As to gears he is willing to step up a bit.........

Pittsburgh's post about sums it up.

I Love them small block Mopars. They have always done me well. Some of the low dollar, low compression, pieces of "Lawn Fudge" ran real well, and gave me years of service.

First and foremost 318 and I were just talking on the phone last week and how much we think most of this is just a big laugh of entertainment... Not all of it...
Sincerely I think he does a great job at over optimizing is card like I've said many times.
Admittedly I don't know absolutely one thing about stock Eliminator class but I will go all the way out on the to the flimsiest tip of the lomb and say these guys have a pretty decent budget likely don't daily Drive their car.. and by decent budget I mean endless... But alone the endless secret research... I could be totally wrong and everybody could have one of those Motors...
and he could be quoted as saying all kinds of things on this thread like 273 gears promaxx heads much bigger cam spool converter all kinds of stuff but then it ended up just trying to do with what he has. It does 13.3 to 11.8 at the top of this page correct?
I don't have a Mopar performance trick book but I wonder what it says about making a "full weight" duster with a bone stock 360 block mag heads..??
Remember he doesn't waver off of the gears and driveability...
I'm not saying it can't be done. I have no idea.. but we do have is a laundry list of gurus who say they've done it before and they've heard it done but not one of them doing it at this very moment with a time slip to prove it...

Ohhh I should have been a Dick and given you guys a disagree because I’m an idiot and can’t do it. Lol.
There you go I gave you a disagree! LOL what does it hurt people's feelings so bad? Please disagree everything I say and see if it matters or makes the price of tea in China change.. you're the one that pointed out how great it is to have the forum while all the racing has stopped... we're just bench tracing and poking. if you want the shirt off my back just send me your address I'm not afraid to send it but for now we're just having fun don't be a rusty rat rod...:poke:...

I swear, sometimes I feel like I've got a booger on my finger that I can't flip off.
Look through here just smart-*** comments and no answers?...
It can be done... I've done it before... There's a book on how to do it...
Is this some kind of world secret or something? ...

Just read the engine recipes in the Mopar Performance engine manual. Plenty of stock block 11 second builds. With old school camshafts that shouldn't run in a go cart according to some forum geniuses.
If you go by Ma Mopar's recipe it takes a pretty wild combo to run 11's. Not tame by any means.
That's why I asked someone with small block knowledge to chime in with a tamer combo.
I'd like to learn something too, even though I don't have a small block.

If you go by Ma Mopar's recipe it takes a pretty wild combo to run 11's. Not tame by any means.
That's why I asked someone with small block knowledge to chime in with a tamer combo.
I'd like to learn something too, even though I don't have a small block.
Careful when they're called out they just start to name-calling and then Point At You like you're the problem...

I tell you what **** face, you stop bringing me up and I'll stop bringing you up. You always are the one who starts it you son of a *****.
why don't you start calling my elderly mother names now to from the other side of the United States tough guy...

One thing you never hear me do is calling people a name and threatening physical harm on the Forum...
There's a term for that and I'm pretty sure we all know what it is as men...

YOU'RE the one who keeps bringing up my name. YOU'RE the one who keeps picking the scab. YOU. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. LEAVE MY NAME OUT OF IT AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE.

There you go I gave you a disagree! LOL what does it hurt people's feelings so bad? Please disagree everything I say and see if it matters or makes the price of tea in China change.. you're the one that pointed out how great it is to have the forum while all the racing has stopped... we're just bench tracing and poking.

Well, well well, seems like there's hurt feelings after all.

Popped in to glance at for sale adds. Seen the pages and at a glance.... toolmanmike I don't want my name attached to this. Please lock this thread out.

Good luck with your build. I know it will happen. Take care 318wilrun

I'll tell you what. @toolmanmike lock me out. That'll solve it all right there. jpar caint keep my name off his keyboard and I cannot just sit back and take his digs and bullshit. So I offer myself as a sacrifice. Just ban me for good. That'll fix the whole thing. That way jpar can say he won. I'm sick of the whole damn thing, really.

-
Back