Reaction score
I found a nice set of four 14x8 , small bolt pattern American Racing wheels

Any one running 14 x 8s on the front?

Seems wide......current Duster owner was running them at each corner

What car?
What year?
Disc or drum?
Factory, year correct?

My stock 14 x5.5 steel wheels seem awfully close to the upper control arm and ball joint. My guess is you would need to go 15 or bigger to fit that wide of a wheel

You would have to get the back space just right or the rim will hit the upper ball joint. If the rims back spacing clears the upper ball joint I think the tires might stick out past the fender.

The other thing to consider is I don't think there are many choices for a tire in 14" that will fit that 8" wide rim.

I have seen 245/60/14's on every corner with 14×5.5's......looked good...beefy stance ...needed lowering

I found a nice set of four 14x8 , small bolt pattern American Racing wheels

Any one running 14 x 8s on the front?

Seems wide......current Duster owner was running them at each corner
I have 14x7's slotted aluminums ,factory disc brakes and 235x 60 14's are the widest tires that will fit w/o cutting or bending anything on the front. I have the same rims with 245x 60 14's on the rear and tried them out on the front but the right side said "nope" slight interference not worth the risk.-69 cuda

Backspace will determine if they will work or not. Too little backspace, the tire crashes into the fender. Too much backspace, the wheel or tire hits things under the car, but..... too much backspace can be fixed with spacers. Too little backspace is just useless. My opinion only.
Measure the backspace before purchase, and compare to what you have on the car currently.

Here is a photo of an 14x4.5 or 14x5.5 can't make out in the photo which it is on my 67 dart. Not the best photo but you get the idea.
20191117_115306.jpg

You can definitely put an 8'' (245) tire on a 5.5' wide rim but if it's something you are driving a bunch they will bulge in the center and wear out unevenly no matter how much air you have in them. That's why there's a tire/rim recommendation.

Thanks.

Sounds like they are not a good idea to run on the front

Maybe I'll buy the set and just run the two on the rear and sell the other two

-
Back