15/16 or 1 1/32

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
master cyl. changing over the dart to bbp, front disc and rea drum. got a new m/c from a 76 aspen(1 1/32 piston). how much difference in the pedal feel between the 15/16 m/c and 1 1/32 m/c? rear brakes will be 10 or 11 x 2 1/2.

master cyl. changing over the dart to bbp, front disc and rea drum. got a new m/c from a 76 aspen(1 1/32 piston). how much difference in the pedal feel between the 15/16 m/c and 1 1/32 m/c? rear brakes will be 10 or 11 x 2 1/2.
if it's power you won't really notice much.

if it's manual with that set up i'd recommend the 15/16. it'll be firm but not overwhelmingly so. you can fine tune the pedal feel with different calipers and rear pistons (specific years have different diameters) and the master diameter if you're looking for a certain outcome.

if it's power you won't really notice much.

if it's manual with that set up i'd recommend the 15/16. it'll be firm but not overwhelmingly so. you can fine tune the pedal feel with different calipers and rear pistons (specific years have different diameters) and the master diameter if you're looking for a certain outcome.
The pedal feel is actually firmer with 1 1/32” bore. The 15/16 has better clamping force but longer pedal travel which some equate to as being softer. I’ve run the 15/16 ona manual brake body and was happy with the results. K=just about to install another one in an A body.
just leave your rear brakes as 10”

The pedal feel is actually firmer with 1 1/32” bore. The 15/16 has better clamping force but longer pedal travel which some equate to as being softer. I’ve run the 15/16 ona manual brake body and was happy with the results. K=just about to install another one in an A body.
just leave your rear brakes as 10”
i'm aware of this, hence my recommendation to go with the 15/16. some people find the 1 1/32 (or even 1") to be overly stiff and even though it provides better feedback the amount of force can be a turn off to some.

Ok so I just came from that set up in my dart (Scardbird conversion for the front stock drums on an 8 3/4). Ran both 1 1/32 MC off an 87 Chrysler 5a and a 15/16 from Doctor diff. I had more time using the 1 1/32 than the 15/16 BUT I personally didnt notice a huge difference driving around town to shows and things. the 1 1/32 had a firmer peddle but it wasn't like OMG THIS IS A BOARD type of thing I've seen posted. Could be down to the pads I was using (fiber ceramics from stoptech) or just being a younger big guy (mid 20s when I first switched over). I grew up with everything being power so both set ups were a lot firmer than I grew up with.

With that being said if I didn't have the 1 1/32 sitting on the shelf already I would buy a 15/16. They are the same price and I did prefer the peddle a bit more with the 15/16.

-
Back