15 x 6 Torque Thrust D on the front of 73 Duster

-

1973dust

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've wore out the search function trying to find someone who has used a 15 x 6 with 3.66 backspacing on the front of a 73 duster with the 73-up big bolt pattern disc brakes. Looking to run a 205/65 R15 tire, so obviously not real wide and trying to stick to about 25.5 tall. I'm currently running 14 x 5.5 factory rallys 3.75 back-space with 205/70R14 tires which fit and drive perfectly on the front. Front-end is set at factory ride height. I've always loved the look of torque thrust's on these cars, but I don't want to give up drivability for looks. I'm concerned that the extra almost 5/8" to the outside is going to be a problem. Just looking for someone else's real world experience. I know that there would be far more options for tires and rims going with a larger diameter rim, but I just prefer the old-school look of 14's or 15's on these cars.

I run 205/70x15 on the front of my 76 Dart Sport with no problems, might have to raise your front end a bit for tire clearance but driving it is the only way to find out.

I run 205/70x15 on the front of my 76 Dart Sport with no problems, might have to raise your front end a bit for tire clearance but driving it is the only way to find out.
Do you have 6" wide rims and do you know their back-spacing dimension?

-
Back