17 with 1974 duster 225

-

Got6

Reaction score
Wandering if any one could help. I am in Arizona so a.c. is a must but when I got my car the a.c. was off. Wondering if any one has some pictures or a pdf of the book. I have had this car for 4 years love the six. Thought this was the place to go. I am 17 so I know how to out it together just not where it goes.

20160212_150243_HDR.jpg

20151107_144428_HDR2.jpg

Wandering if any one could help. I am in Arizona so a.c. is a must but when I got my car the a.c. was off. Wondering if any one has some pictures or a pdf of the book. I have had this car for 4 years love the six. Thought this was the place to go. I am 17 so I know how to out it together just not where it goes.

View attachment 1715141876

View attachment 1715141877
You want to talk with Charlie S best AC guy on this forum, also a slant six guy, goes by something like Charrlie_S on this forum,and it may help to put something about AC help needed in the title of your post.

Nice looking car!

Well, I'm not a big slant 6 guy, but right off the bat I'd say that's not an AC car originally. Not unless someone filled the holes for the condenser. Here's a stock AC firewall for a '74

slant-six.jpg

Here's a '70, it's a little different for condenser and heater core locations but you get the idea, you're missing the condenser holes either way...

dsc01819-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
And here's my '74 Duster firewall. Originally a /6, non-ac car from the factory. Looks a lot like yours...
IMG_1099.jpg

I agree that it is not a factory AC car. That's probably better. You can likely install an aftermarket kit easier than you can resurrect a non operational factory system.
Cley

-
Back