170 Slant six fuel injection - HELP

-

Dart 65 /6 170

Reaction score
so i just came to the point of wanting to upgrade the power of my 170 /6 and decided to go with fuel injections.

so does any of you have an idea of what i could go with, i need all the tips i possible can get.

thanks.
happy days :)

grab a TBI off a 4/6 cyl anything. But grab everything: ECU, harness and every sensor the harness runs to, and of course the TB off the intake. GM made a grip of TBI 6 cyl cars.
check this link out. GM stuff.
DeBiase EFI

I run a MegaSquirt MS3 pro on the slant in the 68 Barracuda.
Use a throttle body off a GM Vortec, all GM sensors. I made an adapter that mounted the TB to a Clifford intake, I”ll get photos later today. There is a posting at slant six.org that lists a company making fuel rails and a bolt on ready intake for FI.
If you have an A body, check Tanks Inc, they have really nice fuel tanks, pumps for our FI cars.
By the way I will never use 1/2 the capability of the MS3 Pro, check MegaSquirt, they have other options that also work fine.

how much power,,
a well tuned carb will get the same power as a well tuned FI system.
The difference with FI is the ease of tuning.
instead of disassembling a carb to change jets or a distributor to change springs, it is done on a FI system with key strokes on a lap top.
The FI system can also self tune itself while running to compensate for altitude and temperature and other changes.
The MS system will allow me to change from gas to E85, you will never do that with a carburetor.
But there is no absolute +power with a FI system,, just saying.

here is the posting that discusses the slant six intake and fuel rails that are available through Gill Welding

Mark II-R Intake Manifold From Gill Welding and Fabrication. - Slant Six Forum

Last edited:
how much power,,
a well tuned carb will get the same power as a well tuned FI system.
The difference with FI is the ease of tuning.
instead of disassembling a carb to change jets or a distributor to change springs, it is done on a FI system with key strokes on a lap top.
The FI system can also self tune itself while running to compensate for altitude and temperature and other changes.
The MS system will allow me to change from gas to E85, you will never do that with a carburetor.
But there is no absolute +power with a FI system,, just saying.

here is the posting that discusses the slant six intake and fuel rails that are available through Gill Welding

Mark II-R Intake Manifold From Gill Welding and Fabrication. - Slant Six Forum
what setup are you running ?

how much power are you running with that ?
I'm running about 150HPR with the FiTech unit good for 200-400Hpr. Now they offer a smaller two-barrel size. I would have used that one if it were available at the time.

Be aware, upgrading to EFI can take some work: fuel pump, O2 sensor, temp sensor, fuel pumbing... it's easier to buy a good carb. But you have to tune the carb (or have someone do it.)

I'm running about 150HPR with the FiTech unit good for 200-400Hpr. Now they offer a smaller two-barrel size. I would have used that one if it were available at the time.

Be aware, upgrading to EFI can take some work: fuel pump, O2 sensor, temp sensor, fuel pumbing... it's easier to buy a good carb. But you have to tune the carb (or have someone do it.)
can you link the 2barrel you are talking about`?

I have an MS2 I'll sell if anyone is interested. Really start from scratch......

-
Back