$18,000.00 Fine by the EPA (RPM Act)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Everyone should watch this.
PFI Speed, a mostly ricer race YouTube channel was fined $18,000.00 dollars for selling engine control modules for race tuning.
Who is next?

A lot depends on how he sold them. What he said and how it was marketed and EXACTLY what they WERE DESIGNED FOR. Etc….

Everyone should watch this.
PFI Speed, a mostly ricer race YouTube channel was fined $18,000.00 dollars for selling engine control modules for race tuning.
Who is next?

Give the $$$ to a lawyer instead of them. These people know nothing about cars. The aftermarket and mechanics are the ones that got us this far. No tuning no testing = no scientific value and nothing learned!

We all better start paying attention.

Up here they sell stuff like that as "for test purposes" or "for off road only". The driver gets reamed if he/she gets caught with emissions modifications on the road. Environment Canada are pulling brand new diesel pick-ups over looking for DEF or EGR deletes.

Up here they sell stuff like that as "for test purposes" or "for off road only". The driver gets reamed if he/she gets caught with emissions modifications on the road. Environment Canada are pulling brand new diesel pick-ups over looking for DEF or EGR deletes.

Is anything "up there" exempt? Such as older cars?

Not sure what may be exempt. I hear that they are starting to look at suspension modifications, but that rumour wasn't official.

So what are they doing about the new Hellcats, Shelby Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, etc????

My new work car, a 2021 Honda CRV, automatically shuts the engine off when you stop. As soon as you move your foot on the brake pedal it starts back up. It's a totally gasoline engine. Oh, you can disable it, but you have to do it every time you restart the car.

I saw an ad on Motortrend for a "module" that will disable it once and for all. So, I guess those guys are next...

My new work car, a 2021 Honda CRV, automatically shuts the engine off when you stop. As soon as you move your foot on the brake pedal it starts back up. It's a totally gasoline engine. Oh, you can disable it, but you have to do it every time you restart the car.

our GMC does that crap, so does the ford transits we have a work

Thanks, so the RPM Act is giving protection to race cars...but only those used off road.

I used the "send a letter to Congress" link at the SEMA site you posted. But my Congresswoman, Marjorie Taylor Greene is all about small government so I'm sure she's for it.

Here in the home of bay area fast cars, yes it's real. Lots of shops getting "fines".
The problem with these "fines" is they want the customers info as well as the shop info.

It was something like 4k each tune on record IF you disclose who payed for the tune. (kept records) if you would not disclose or did not keep records then it was A LOT MORE per each tune or module you sold or installed.

All the old shops mostly say screw it and just close up. A few "kids" will take the risk involved with tuning and ecm mods.

The street racing here is big money for everyone. City's, shops and drivers are getting paid right now.

The wife's Buick has that feature. You can pop it into neutral. It seems brake light switch activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back