18" Wheels post pictures of your mopar on 18" rims

-
18x9 with 5.25 offset rears 275/45/18 tires. Has to narrow the rear 2" and do offset spring hangers. Had to do custom offset wheels(pricey). Tight fit. Front are 215/50/17, 4" offset.

Thanks for the information!! When you narrowed your rear end, did you also have to do any wheel tub work such as, Mini Tubs or are the wheel tubs stock and just narrow the rear and offset hangers? Thanks again for the information. It is a huge help.

18x9 with 5.25 offset rears 275/45/18 tires. Has to narrow the rear 2" and do offset spring hangers. Had to do custom offset wheels(pricey). Tight fit. Front are 215/50/17, 4" offset.
One more question...what is the width of your rear diff housing?

The rockers have been dropped 2" to hide the pinch but at ride height I have about 4" to the oil pan and 6" to the bottom of the rockers. I have never had a problem with clearance at proper ride height.

I have a popsicle stick worth of clearance to the oil pan when it's dropped all the way and it's about 2-3" to the bottom of the rockers.

RMS front suspension using ride tech - air ride.

Here's a pic of it at ride height.

View attachment 1714977586
You lowered the rockers? Very nice! I'm wanting to do that with my Duster then when I do body work.

no mini tubs or wheel well alteration. Housing is 2" shorter than stock A body. Didn't alter rockers.

I agree. Who wants to look at a huge gap around the wheel wells. The rim and tire package should fill the well as much as safely possible IMO.

That's my reasoning for wanting to go 17's front and 18's rear, but still want to keep the Vintage look.

IMG_20170805_174120.jpg

70 Duster, 18x9 with +35 offset, 275-35-18 all around. Mustang cobra brake kit from Dr Diff, B-body 8 3/4 and MP offset shackle kit.

Had to have the centers of the wheels opened up and used some Rocket racing center caps. Otherwise the wheels are American Racing Torque Thrust Ms

I have a set of almost new 18" wheels and tires listed in the classifieds if anyone's interested in saving $$$$$

-
Back