1932 Plymouth

-

TopherSM

Reaction score
IMG_3794.JPG
IMG_3786.JPG
IMG_3789.JPG

IMG_3788.JPG

Hey Everyone. So i'm trying to figure out more about this coupe. All i really know is it's a 1932 Plymouth. The guy who owns it wants 8,000 for it just trying to figure out what these go for and just some info on it. Wanna know if its a good deal. It doesn't have the original motor in it. It has some kind of Jaguar motor in it. Any info would help Thanks guys!!!

A buddy of mine had a '32. Had a 273, tunnel, mopar 4 speed with an 8 3/4. Drove it down from Seattle many years back and we all met at Circus Circus in Reno for Hot August Nights. After that he drove on down with us to Berdoo and then went street racing in Hemet. I can't remember what ever happened to the '32. He'll be back next month (towards the end of Sept.) and I know he wants to go to Hemet (he's from San Jac). He'd likely enjoy talking with you. PM me if you like.

Russ.

That seems like a lot to me but I'm basing that on Midwest prices and a whole lot of guesswork really. The car itself looks really solid, I'd like to know more about the driveline.

Great price even without the drive train.
This...Pre smog ,pre ww2 vintage iron,is getting hard ,to find..I would have an educated street rod guy(or good body man) give it a good once over,before cash changes hands..

Has a rumble seat and all its body panels.
I prefer the 33-34 over a 32 but that looks to be a great start for a nostalgic hotrod build. If the steel is as good as it looks in the photos and has most of its trim & garnishes I believe he could get his asking price. Worth a closer look from what I can see.

Looks like the Smiths guages comes from the North America Jaguar that was used to built the rod...........love the round footstep for the rumble seat access........

I believe you have a 1930 Plymouth there.
At least the radiator shell is from that year.
I paid $5000.00 for a rare 32 Plymouth/Dodge/TJ Richardson roadster that was built in Australia in similar condition so......8K seems high to me. How about 4-5K?

32d.jpg

20160726_194504.jpg

sometimes it's not about what you're getting, but rather what you're not getting... think in terms of what it's going to cost you to to build the car.. if you have to put 10k into it and you pay 8k for it - is it "worth" 18k (to YOU) when you're done...?? even if you "only" hot rod it instead of restoring it - - that ol' girl is going to suck up some coin..

Glad to see you stop in and show off a finished car.

What did he use for a steering column?

Do you have a list of tips of parts used to finish off the base kit package at your site or on hand?

I would say its a little high. I bought a complete 37 coupe for 2000 but there is no blue book so it worth what you want to pay. if your gut says its too much , it probably is.

6000 would be good price. If your going to street rod it you don't need to find correct parts for finishing it. I have a 31 dodge 3 window hot rod that's a blast to drive

6000 would be good price. If your going to street rod it you don't need to find correct parts for finishing it. I have a 31 dodge 3 window hot rod that's a blast to drive
Got any pics to share? I would love to check it out. The guy who's trying to sell this one is a good family friend and trying to move so I'm gonna wait until he's closer to going and see what happens. I'm about to buy a 69 Dart GT from him also so maybe I can get a packaged deal.

-
Back