Status
Not open for further replies.

slantflat

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi everyone.

Looking for a nice hood for my 60 Valiant. Here's where I'm dreaming, would really love it to be within a couple hours of Atlanta.

Okay riddle me this. I've heard that even though the 62 looks like a 60, few or none of the parts interchange. Any truth to this? What about 61?

Thanks everyone.

Hi everyone.

Looking for a nice hood for my 60 Valiant. Here's where I'm dreaming, would really love it to be within a couple hours of Atlanta.

Okay riddle me this. I've heard that even though the 62 looks like a 60, few or none of the parts interchange. Any truth to this? What about 61?

Thanks everyone.
I have one from a 62 Valiant. Don't know if they are the same. Unfortunately I'm in Ca. and many hours from Atlanta.

Hi everyone.

Thanks everyone.
They are the same but you will need to change over the hood release plate & fill the mold strip holes.

'60 and '61 are the same hood except for the latch mechanisms but the latches interchange. A '62 hood can be used on a '60-'61 but there is a spot welded filler panel(s) at the front that have to be removed. On the '62 hood the filler piece is what the wide front trim piece bolts to. In addition the hood latch mounting plate on a '62 is different. It has two latch mounting studs vs. three for the '60-'61. So the spot welded latch plate would also have to be changed as White-knight suggested. Finding one local will be key because a hood is to large to be shipped on the affordable Greyhound Bus lines.

Hi everyone.

Thanks everyone.
I have a NOS grille and emblem if u need

All that is good, thanks. The car isn't wrecked, the hood had some damage(that I can't imagine how it happened) and someone tried pounding it out, making a big part of the hood rippled and hammer dimples.

All that is good, thanks. The car isn't wrecked, the hood had some damage(that I can't imagine how it happened) and someone tried pounding it out, making a big part of the hood rippled and hammer dimples.
I will check around to see if I can help u locate

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back