1962 Dodge Lancer

-

Wayne Miller

1962 Dodge Lancer Wagon
Reaction score
Several pictures of my 1962 Lancer purchased Oct.2017. First three pictures of vehicle as purchased. Like the pink Breather and has anyone seen window blinds on a Lancer???
Gauge package all restored and ready to be installed in dash.
Engine compartment all cleaned up and motor rebuilt.

IMG_1624.JPG
IMG_1690.JPG
IMG_1685.JPG
IMG_0647.JPG
IMG_0804.JPG

fullsizeoutput_3d5.jpeg

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

It looks great Wayne! I noticed you have silver gauge faces, is your wagon a 170 series? Mine is a 770 and the dash has black faces.
DSCN1044.JPG

Looks very promising, Wayne! I'm just checking in with my '62 Valiant V-200 mo' do' that has a 408 C.I. LA engine because us early-series A-body guys gotta stick together.

trim on 4-12-2016.jpg

Several pictures of my 1962 Lancer purchased Oct.2017. First three pictures of vehicle as purchased. Like the pink Breather and has anyone seen window blinds on a Lancer???
Gauge package all restored and ready to be installed in dash.
Engine compartment all cleaned up and motor rebuilt.

View attachment 1715257309 View attachment 1715257313 View attachment 1715257314 View attachment 1715257316 View attachment 1715257320

View attachment 1715257319

View attachment 1715257324

View attachment 1715257325
Nice stuff. Dang, It's a wagon. I need photos of trunk floor extensions to see what they look like.

It looks great Wayne! I noticed you have silver gauge faces, is your wagon a 170 series? Mine is a 770 and the dash has black faces.
View attachment 1715257634
Interesting, I wonder why the bezels are different. You have the fender tag?

I purchased the gauges at Mopar Fest in New Hamburgh this past summer they were all rebuilt so I didn't bother with my originals.
I have a set of Silver and set of Black gauges and Bezels that need reconditioned.
The fender tag reads Body Style 776 and Build date May 23/62
fullsizeoutput_3d8.jpeg
IMG_0815.JPG

Mine is 776 also. How did you determine the build date? On my fender tag I have an A3, L1 and Q5, 635 Trim and WW1 Paint.

Mine is 776 also. How did you determine the build date? On my fender tag I have an A3, L1 and Q5, 635 Trim and WW1 Paint.
I may be wrong referring to it as build date.
The 4 numbers in the bottom left are Shipping Order # Planned delivery date. Month/Date
Mine is 05 (May) 23 (Date).
Do you know what the numbers are under the 1-0 and the alphabet are.

Ok, if that is the case mine was 06 14. I kind of know what they mean, they are partial numbers for optional equipment. So for example if a 3.23 rear was selected it might be under a letter, and they would use one of the numbers, like the 3. My car had an AM Radio, a Heater, Auto Transmission, dual horns, 2 seat wagon. No side view mirrors, no seat belts, manual rear glass, no backup lights, don't know about wheel covers, tire size, etc.

Ok, if that is the case mine was 06 14. I kind of know what they mean, they are partial numbers for optional equipment. So for example if a 3.23 rear was selected it might be under a letter, and they would use one of the numbers, like the 3. My car had an AM Radio, a Heater, Auto Transmission, dual horns, 2 seat wagon. No side view mirrors, no seat belts, manual rear glass, no backup lights, don't know about wheel covers, tire size, etc.

Haven't found any reference as to the relationship of the numbers to letters. If I do I will forward to you.
My Lancer came with AM radio, Heater, Auto Transmission, 2 seat wagon, side view mirrors, seat belts, manual rear glass, and back up lights. The two passenger window blinds were a nice touch. Maybe they were a one of. LOL
In the pictures above the car had red bucket seats when I purchased. The previous owner took the bench seat out. I managed to get the original bench back from him.

Great job!!
I admit I love my 62 Lancer 170 model. It is still work in progress. I love it but the wife has actually claimed it!!! Go figure!!! I will get a pic, but details are I have done all the body work, and redone some more again, and will reshoot it in the WW1 white ( again). Wife is more particular than me!
The original 170 slant had no compression so I have a good 225 to drop in, change the wobbly col shift (manual) to floor shift, and keeping it a 3 speed.
I wold like to have another to go with this one, but scarce, and overpriced when I see one ( usually 1000 mi away!)
I did find a plenty rusty lancer wagon last year for $2000 at a bone yard. Complete, but overpriced for this conservative soul!!!
Yes use Early A body guys do have to stick together!!

Last edited:
Wayne, here is the rear seat latch I have. The rubber is pounded, but I saw on ebay someone had some.
IMG_8746.JPG
IMG_8747.JPG

Progress report on my 1962 Lancer 770 wagon.
Motor is installed but not started yet as I'm waiting to get exhaust on it. The Lancer is off to have the interior done this month. Should get it back early next year. Couldn't find a speaker grill for the dash so I elected to install a Navigation system. Will need some small trim pieces on each side.
Motor is rebuilt with a mild cam and roller rockers, Clifford intake and exhaust headers with 2 Webers.
Front suspension is rebuilt with Wilwood disc brakes.
The 7 1/4 rear end was replaced with a rebuilt 8 3/4
3.23 gears. Axles are from Doctor Diff. with drum brakes.
Wiring was all replaced and an upgraded headlight harness (Crackedback) installed.
Windshield and side Quarter glass has yet to be installed but that won't happen till Spring.
Target for turning the key is May 2020.
IMG_1216.JPG
IMG_1220.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0042.JPG
IMG_0044.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0035.JPG

Love it!!! Not too many folks use the slanty for a power plant. Your's will truly be a unique ride when all done. Subscribed

-
Back