1962 Valiant 4 door at Calgary Pick-n-Pull

-

winky

Not So Well-Known Member
Reaction score
For anyone in the Calgary area Pick-n-Pull on 52 St posted a 62 Valiant 4 door a few days ago.

Vehicle Details | Pick-n-Pull

It seems to be missing at least one fender but at least it can still fly upside down like all cars were supposed to be able to in 2020!

upload_2020-7-20_17-40-50.png

So I took a trip to the yard today and it's definitely a 66 Dart
upload_2020-7-28_0-57-24.png
upload_2020-7-28_0-58-52.png

I see now why they posted it as a Valiant, something strange going on here...
upload_2020-7-28_1-6-26.png

It's pretty much picked over but there's still a little bit of trim, standard shift pedals/mechanism, four 13" tires, and it might have newish brakes as the old ones were in a box but I didn't pull any drums. Also looks like someone started to pull the back window and gave up after messing up the left side trim. The trunk is very nicely mangled but somehow the tail lights survived, all 4 of them are still there!

Things were done differently in Canada! I have seen early 60's Dodges with the Plymouth badge on the dashboard.
Nevertheless I picked up the speedo cable, over under clutch spring and clutch pedal rod for my 60 Valiant. Briefly considered grabbing the gas tank but mine turned out to be in better shape than I thought. Still might cut out the trunk floor pan since this one is in better shape than mine. And the passenger side floor looks pretty good-there is a small hole in the drivers side. Plus a really dirty blue carpet that I am still on the fence about as I have no carpet at all.

Glad your gas tank is better, the hole they punch in them can be trouble to fix but at least it's better than the slash they use to make with an axe! The carpet and sheet metal look like they would be worth the trouble. Have fun with your project!

-
Back