So, the car shows signs of life for the first time in 3 years.
I had a leak in the transmission pan gasket when I went to fill it up after install. I decided to order the Lube Locker pan gasket and be done with it. When I removed the pan I found along the front (as I suspected) the gasket got sucked in causing the leak. What I didn't expect to find was the pan mounting surface wasn't flat. It was bent up in a few spots (presumably from being over torqued and deforming the bolt hole locations). I flattened it all out as best as I could and checked it again and it was really close. I decided to try it. 5 litres in and so far so good, no leaks. And with no sealant as well, just the new gasket. I call victory on this one.
So then as I was running out of time to be in the shop and now having oil in the transmission and engine I decided to see if it would fire. Put a bit of gas down the carb and spun it over. It tries to start and comes close to actually running but not quite. Plan next time I'm out is to put fuel in the tank and try again. I may have to timing off a little as I did have it all pulled apart. Can't wait to hear it run again for the first time in 3 years.
Still have to fill the rear diff and put water in the rad (plan for now until I confirm no leaks, then flush and fill with mixed coolant) and bleed the brakes. Then the drive train is ready.
Also brought the old bumper in to remove the brackets from to blast and paint ready to put the newly chromed bumper on.
Should be polishing and waxing the car shortly as I am reaching the 60 day mark. (plan to polish this upcoming week and may wait closer to 90 days to actually wax it to be totally sure of adequate time to cure)