1963 Dart engine bay wiring straps

-

Mineallmine

Reaction score
I am in the process of ordering all the final parts I need for reassembly of my Dart once it comes back from paint and have a question.

I was looking for the engine bay wiring strap kits and am noticing that all the ones I can find only come with 2 or 3 of the straps for along the side of the engine bay. I am pretty sure my car came with 4.

Just looking for if I am mistaken (unfortunately can't find any pictures with the entire inner fender in the picture before removal.). Also would like to confirm the number of rad support straps (I'm pretty sure 2 was correct but want to be sure). This way I will know if I have to order 1 or 2 kits to complete the install.

Thanks in advance

Just count the number of paired holes in the inner fender.

Just a heads up, the original straps in my 64 Valiant were flat but the repops I got have offsets molded into them. If you are a stickler for detail, it's not correct but most people would never notice.

Yea they do have 4 on the drivers side. If you order a kit from a newer a Body you get the 4 straps.

My 65 has 2 rad straps.

Yea they do have 4 on the drivers side. If you order a kit from a newer a Body you get the 4 straps.

My 65 has 2 rad straps.
Thanks, that's what I thought.

As to the previous post, I was going to look but my shell is all taped up right now due to priming activities so I don't have access to look. I wanted to get them ordered before paint was completed. Also thanks for the heads up about not being flat. I did notice that when I looked on line. Not worried about exact original replacement, just wanted the proper number of clips.

-
Back