1963 Dart L6 Heater Core

Heating / Cooling / AC

1. gage zamrzla

gage zamrzla Active Member

Local Time:
    5:07 AM
    Looking to get heat rolling through the cab finally and took my heater core to a local radiator repair shop and I'm quoted just over $200, saying there are two leaks and the core itself needs to basically be swapped out.

I've tried looking around online and haven't been able to find anything that's a confirmed match and it's my understanding that the firewall on the 63 is different from 64 onward so I need a very year specific heater core yes? Called the good local auto parts store and got a part number of 98503 but can't seem to get anything from them or available online.

I guess I'm wondering is $200 for a new heater core not bad considering I can't seem to find a more cost effective option locally or online. If anyone knows where I can get one for under $200 I'd be all about it but at this point I want to be able to thaw my windows and order new carpet already and just getting the risk of a leak out of the way is a bit more of a priority than saving 50 or so bucks.

Thanks

2. RustyRatRod

RustyRatRod Lemmie see your b00bs. FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    8:07 AM
    DO it yourself. It has only FOUR nuts holding it in with a couple of cables to disconnect. I had my heater box out in less then 15 minutes, cleaned up re-gasketed core replaced and back in in well under an hour and I'm a retired and disabled wore out turd. For 200 bucks, they're bending you over the desk without a kiss.

• Like Like x 1
    • RedFish

RedFish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    • gage zamrzla

Local Time:
      I already have the whole heater core out but I'm not finding a core replacement available online or at local part stores.

Could you direct me to a core I could purchase online to change it out? I'm having no luck in searching the # online, everywhere seems to be sold out or not available.

• RustyRatRod

Local Time:
      Murray #94503 is OReilly's part number and my local store can have it tomorrow morning, so yours is likely the same. Price I'm showing is $39.99

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • gage zamrzla

Local Time:
        Appreciate it man. Guess I was searching incorrect terms, first time messing with heating in any capacity. Thanks again.

• RustyRatRod

Local Time:
        Not a problem. They're getting hard to find. Only a few on eBay and Rock Auto has none. I'd get two if I were you. In fact, I'm going into town anyway and will probably order one from my local O'Reilly even though mine is new.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
        1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.