1963 Dart question

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know the 63s were kinda designed around the slant. I actually think that's kinda neato. I also know the firewall has to be modified to clear the distributor for a small block. BUT, what about a big block? A 383 to be exact. I don't wanna hear about exhaust or this or that. Just a simple question. Will the 383 bolt in the 63 without firewall mods since the distributor is in the front?

I'm not searchin an entire forum. I did several searches to no avail. Thanks though.

The short answer is Yes.... Up until I decided to go with a Gen III hemi, I was going to put a 63 413 in my 63 dart. If you are hell bent on doing this, the best option is to go with one of the tubular A-arm setups. I'm personally going to go with the magnum force kit. That being said the Alter Kation kit is very nice.

Ok. I knew it would bolt in. Thanks Schumacher. But will anything have to be cut? Particularly the firewall where the wiper motor hump is? I know the small block that area has to be cut because of the distributor. But since the distributor is in front on a 383........

63 Darts are one of the coolest cars to hot rod, I hope to find one some day....:D

A Gen 3 Hemi fits with no firewall mods ( no dist ). :cheers:

-
Back