1964 Dart - Throttle linkage assembly

-

dbussey1

Reaction score
Hi all, new owner of a '64 Dart 170 Sedan here. Purchased from a guy who had installed an Offenhauser intake and 450CFM quad on the little 170. I plan to spend a little time fiddling with the current set up, but it seems like just waaay too much carb. It will start and idle (high), dies out when you give it gas. Plan to check for vacuum leaks at all connections, check for accelerator pump shot.

I'm thinking that a return to the stock setup may be my quickest and cheapest path to being mobile again as a baseline, while I figure a more permanent 2-barrel solution. Quick and cheap are important to keeping me on the good side of my wife and neighbors!

I've got the previous carb and intake, but not the old throttle linkage. So I've got two options: I can try to adapt the aftermarket cable setup added for the four barrel back to the one-barrel carb, but I think getting the pull right will be tricky. Looks like different orientation than the 4-barrel.

I found a throttle cable assembly (brackets, pedal, etc) from a 1965 Valiant I can pick up for a reasonable price and put on - pic attached. Thoughts on grabbing this to get me back to stock? Any hiccups I'm overlooking? It's a manual, so no trans kickdown to fiddle with either. Thanks!

65 Valiant Throttle Cable.jpg

If you’re going back to the stock 1 barrel, that rotating linkage is what you want. Get everything from the gas pedal to and including the carb if possible

Hi all, new owner of a '64 Dart 170 Sedan here. Purchased from a guy who had installed an Offenhauser intake and 450CFM quad on the little 170. I plan to spend a little time fiddling with the current set up, but it seems like just waaay too much carb. It will start and idle (high), dies out when you give it gas. Plan to check for vacuum leaks at all connections, check for accelerator pump shot.

I'm thinking that a return to the stock setup may be my quickest and cheapest path to being mobile again as a baseline, while I figure a more permanent 2-barrel solution. Quick and cheap are important to keeping me on the good side of my wife and neighbors!

I've got the previous carb and intake, but not the old throttle linkage. So I've got two options: I can try to adapt the aftermarket cable setup added for the four barrel back to the one-barrel carb, but I think getting the pull right will be tricky. Looks like different orientation than the 4-barrel.

I found a throttle cable assembly (brackets, pedal, etc) from a 1965 Valiant I can pick up for a reasonable price and put on - pic attached. Thoughts on grabbing this to get me back to stock? Any hiccups I'm overlooking? It's a manual, so no trans kickdown to fiddle with either. Thanks!

View attachment 1715327893
Would you be interested in a /6 1bbl gas pedal and throttle rod assembly from my 66 valiant?

-
Back