1964 H/SA "ManHunt" Dart driven by Karen Schultz

-

D/Dart man

D/Dart Historian
Reaction score
I don't think I've posted this info before, a search did not find anything. If I did I will remove this one.

When I was researching D/Darts for my website I talked with Wayne Schultz of the Porach Dodge D/Dart fame. He sent me the info on his wife's Dart that won the H/SA class at the 1965 Indy Nationals and was disqualified and then re-instated after tech protest review.
Here is what he sent me on the ManHunter Dart driven by Karen Schultz:

64porach manhunt1.jpg

64porach manhunt2.jpg

64porach manhunt3.jpg

64porach211.jpg

64porach216.jpg

64porach217.jpg

64porach218.jpg

64porach219.jpg

64porach220.jpg

Last edited:
That is time capsule stuff! Not to mention a very pretty drag racer. How long ago was this that you guys talked? Are they both still with us?

I don't think I've posted this info before, a search did not find anything. If I did I will remove this one.

When I was researching D/Darts for my website I talked with Wayne Schultz of the Porach Dodge D/Dart fame. He sent me the info on his wife's Dart that won the H/SA class at the 1965 Indy Nationals and was disqualified and then re-instated after tech protest review.
Here is what he sent me on the ManHunter Dart driven by Karen Schultz:

View attachment 1715493517

View attachment 1715493518

View attachment 1715493519

View attachment 1715493520

View attachment 1715493521

View attachment 1715493522

View attachment 1715493523

View attachment 1715493524

View attachment 1715493525
What a pleasant and inspirational thing to read. Historical stuff related to just regular folks, not high dollar same old same old.

I've always been a fan of Sportsman racing.Good 'ol gals and guys.
Pro Class I just can't relate too. Too much $$$$ and teams in the same class.

I have never seen the Manhunt Dart before today. Thank you for posting this interesting story for us to read.
Could you imagine this same process today, multiple letters, and communications over a lower stock class car? Wow how times have changed.

I have never seen the Manhunt Dart before today. Thank you for posting this interesting story for us to read.
Could you imagine this same process today, multiple letters, and communications over a lower stock class car? Wow how times have changed.
Yeah it would start out "Dear Fiat"

Thanks for the read. And thank you for keeping the D/Dart website going for as long as you did. We really appreciate it.

Did you get the colored picture of the Suburban Dodge Boys D/Dart that I sent you?

I’m glad you posted that up. It’s a shame that they were disqualified on stupid stuff that was actually OK to use.
I think the worst is the victory was ultimately correctly given to them was a huge disappointment and had a hollow feeling even though they were justly vindicated.
They should have been center stage getting there trophy and cheers.

I’d be super mad and wanting to look a lawyer for the *** clowns that ripped me off and out of all that should have been.

In 1966, Wayne campaigned a D/Dart in the Cleveland area. It was sponsored by Porach Dodge. Here's a picture of it taken as they were preping it for the 66 season. It still has all the stickers on the windows. The car was raced mainly at Dragway 42 in Ohio. --- From Wayne Schultz Collection via Alan Lewis' (aka D/Dart man) website.

car1.jpg

Thanks for sharing that. More information is surfacing about the early A race cars. The 65 was a 2 barrel to boot!

Last edited:
Here is a Eastern Drag News (Aug 6, 1965) Dragway 42 blurb I found for this car.
I can't find results for this car but the H/SA class ran between 14.8 and 15.2 from other car results.

manhunt report1.jpg

Back in the late 60's or early 70's, John Clapp ran a red 64 Dart in H stock down in my area. I wish I still had pictures of it & had contact with John.

-
Back