-
Status
Not open for further replies.

moper

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
I kind of fell into this one. It was ordered by a lifelong friend's mother in 1963. So, it's had two owners but one's the daughter...lol. It sat for about 20 years in a garage covered in boxes. Has been on the road for 4-5 years now. Car is mostly original in terms of design, many parts have been replaced. Car is a 194/Power Glide originally. Now has '72 307 with a new intake and Edelbrock on it and the original PG. Has P/S and P/T. That's it for options...lol. Dark Green metallic, combination of Parchment and Gold interior.

The original stuff:
100% of the paint, trim, chrome, rear seat, interior panels, dash, chassis, rear, 2sp PG trans.

The replaced with brand new (but stock) stuff:
Radiator; fuel lines, fuel system & tank; brake shoes, hardware, hydraulics, lines and master cylinder; carpet, front seat cover, top, top motor & lines; driver's rearview mirror, complete dual exhaust, 4 tires.

The replaced used:
1972 307, under 100K on it but upgraded with new Edelbrock intake and carb, new fuel pump, water pump, belt, hoses, alternator, tune up stuff, air filter assembly.

What I consider issues: Trans has some issues - will be working to adjust them out - I think it's a result of the engine swap. It's a handful to stop - worse than my 4 wheel drum Mopars. Clock in dash doesn't work. The ignition switch (key cylinder specifically) seems to be a little rough but works. Power top switch needs replacing (operates fine but it the actual lever on the switch was broken off). Radio (am) works but speaker is really bad. Speedo needle bounces at low speeds. Rear bumper has a dent - should be replaced. car has typical parking lot and trim dings as the body is all original. Coli springs and shocks are shot. Frame had rust but was repaired decades ago. Paint is 50yr old factory. It's got a little surface rust on the trunk lid, some scarring on the right 1/4 (I think a light grazing hit and amature paint repair), and it's all cracked from years of waxing. Door trim missing in picture is in the car - it will be reattached.

Asking $10995 or make an offer. Sorry - cash only - no trades. I have other pictures and will be crawling all over this car in the coming days.

Attachments

• IMG-20140425-00043.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG-20140425-00042.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 579
  • IMG-20140425-00041.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG-20140425-00044.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 581
After some cursory inspections and tweaking... This vehicle will need the frame replaced. So - I've dropped the price. Still plenty of room for someone to make some money on this even after they do that. Frames go for $3K powdercoated and ready to install and these cars are valued between $16-20K in condition 4 (driver quality with some replaced parts).
New price - $8K or make an offer.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back