-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConValiant64

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Selling my 1964 Plymouth Valiant 200 convertible. I've owned it for a few years now and life just hasn't allowed me the time to drive it. I live at the Jersey Shore and, unfortunately, don't have a garage, so the car spends the majority of its time under a cover in my driveway. To be honest, I just don't want to see this car begin to show the corrosive effects of the salt air. I'd prefer to see it owned by someone who will enjoy it for the cruiser/daily driver it is. A little about the car:

The paint color is Signet Royal Red Poly with Ruby Red interior and a white top. Entire top was replaced in September, 2018 by Custom Auto and Upholstery in Pleasantville. Top and window, pads and liner are by Electron (made in USA). Just a twist of a knob and the power top lifts up and folds neatly into its well. Hydraulics function seamlessly. 9'' power drum brakes are smooth and make driving a pleasure. All new shoes, wheel cylinders and brake hoses were installed. Stops on a dime!

This car is powered by a 318 with a 340 HP camshaft/lifters/timing chain, an aluminum Edelbrock Performer intake, new Edelbrock Thunder series 650 carburetor with mechanical secondaries and an electric choke, chrome valve covers and a brand new 14'' chrome air cleaner. It runs as good as it looks...and sounds even better.

The 4-speed transmission is mated to a classic Hurst shifter, and a new Zoom clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing. Rear differential is a sure-grip (ie posi) with highway gears-perfect for cruising. Rear was rebuilt last year with new races, bearings and seals.

As the pictures show, interior looks sharp. The exterior paint is passable and, depending on your tastes, could be left alone. If I were keeping the car, I would address a few of the dings in the quarter panels, then take advantage of one of Maaco's 50% off sales and get it reshot in its factory color.

New heavy duty PST 1.03'' torsion bars are a vast improvement over the stock bars and give it a solid stance. The car drives straight and tight. Brand new gas tank, sending unit and fuel filters. Cragar S/S rims give it that vintage mid-60s hot rod look. Front tires and full-size spare are brand new.

What I will say about this car is that, mechanically, it is turn-key. EVERYTHING works (gauges, signals, lights, all electronics.) Temperature gauge stays within normal parameters no matter how far you drive. Not to state the obvious, but this is a 56-year old automobile. That said, you can jump in this car any time and feel confident it will start EVERY time.

I also have parts. A brand new in the box red Acme convertible top boot (never opened), passenger side red bucket in great condition, four 14'' stock SBP rims and two Dynomax turbo mufflers in very good condition.

I am asking $6000 or best offer. Highly motivated to sell in the next few months. As an incentive, I will include all of the above parts if a sale is made by March 1st. Feel free to email me any questions. Thanks.

0905171530.jpg

0905171530c.jpg

0224180808a.jpg

0905171532b.jpg

0905171531.jpg

0905171529b.jpg

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0159 (1).JPG

Last edited:
Its an original 273 4spd car? If so is the 273 available?

Is the fender tag there? If so could you post a pic?

I sent you my cell in a pm this morning. You replied and said you would call at 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back