1964 Slant Six Color

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
On this 64 Valiant I now have, what's the correct color for the engine? It has a 170 but I plan on a 225 swap somewhere in the future. What's the correct color for the engine? This isn't a restoration by a long shot, but I would like it the correct color. Thank you.

RED 64 might be anyway (for sure on a 65 and 66).... international harvester red is really close

20180711_172906.jpg

The color I've been seeing on them is more orange than red. Even restored ones. Maybe they just wanted the orange.

the proper color is red...

after many years of abuse ti can look orangeish but the proper color is red..

some years of trucks used a yellow on the slant 6.

On this 64 Valiant I now have, what's the correct color for the engine? It has a 170 but I plan on a 225 swap somewhere in the future. What's the correct color for the engine? This isn't a restoration by a long shot, but I would like it the correct color. Thank you.

Yep. International harvester red. I painted my hot slant orange because I liked it. Lol. But my original engine was red.

This motors valve cover is Chrysler industrial red re painted, but look at the original color of the intake that is a almost dead match to Rustoleom regal red. If you wanna get all period correct lol.

IMG_0752.JPG

Last edited:
My 64 Dart came with a blue engine when I purchased it. When I had a remanufactured Marshal Engine installed, the shop also painted it blue. It really does not bother me that the color is not corrrect, I feel that a blue engine looks better in a red car.

-
Back