1964 Valiant "Get Runnin & Drivin"

-
Every slant that I have seen has the bracket on the driver side only. The brackets are unique for an A833 and a 904, so I would expect the small 3 speed transmission bracket to also be specific.

Thanks. I thought that might be the case looking at it.

Do any of yall know if this had a transmission to engine bracket on the passenger's side like the one above on the driver's side? I saw nowhere for it to bolt to the block and it did not have one on that side. I am assuming it only had one.
As stated by my68 barracuda there is only one bracket on the drivers side, none on the passenger side.

transmission finished 2.jpg

Vixen's heart back home. If it wasn't so dang humid tonight, I'd do a little more. After Kitty's LONG doctor's appointment today, we're pooped. ........and I was gonna leave it alone today. Kitty was the one who wanted to put it back in so we did. lol

HEART AT HOME.jpg

Look in the parts cars section....there's a NICE 65 Valiant that somebody found at a Pick n Pull in MI. Why somebody junked it is beyond me? @AbodyTim would grieve over that one! :(

Man I saw that. It looks solid, too. Some people see a car and that's all, I guess.

I got her up in the air last night before I went to bed. To kinda get a jump on today. I went out and got the cross member sittin in and the drive shaft stuck in place on the flange, but I just slap don't feel good tonight, so yall skyooze me. I think I am takin tonight off.

I actually did get a little done. Purt near everything from the bottom. She'll run again tomorrow as long as I don't feel like death warmed over.

Well, I couldn't sleep. What else is new, right? So I went out and put Vixen back together. Spun it over a few seconds at the time. Oil light didn't go out. So I pumped the carburetor and started it for about 5 seconds at a time and about the third time, the oil light went right out. I packed the bearings pretty good with Vasoline to make damn sure they didn't run dry and it worked. It just needed to get a little heat in it to help push all that through the oiling system. lol Let her get up to temp and cut it off. Then went back and the oil light went out before the engine ever started, just with the starter. All I have left is to hook up the Z bar, tighten the motor mount nuts and stick the hood on. Then figure out why my dome lights are stuck on. lol The engine actually feels and sounds tighter too. I can actually tell a difference as stupid as that sounds. Might be from the new timing set. Who knows?

Last edited:
Look in the parts cars section....there's a NICE 65 Valiant that somebody found at a Pick n Pull in MI. Why somebody junked it is beyond me? @AbodyTim would grieve over that one! :(

:( That did look solid, especially for a northern car. If those pull-a-parts are like the ones down here, they won't sell the whole vehicle. I found a pretty nice '78 Dodge Adventurer 150 at one early this year. Guy told me I could buy it a piece at a time. Shame because they had just set it out and it was complete. Went back a week or so later and it was just about stripped.

:( That did look solid, especially for a northern car. If those pull-a-parts are like the ones down here, they won't sell the whole vehicle. I found a pretty nice '78 Dodge Adventurer 150 at one early this year. Guy told me I could buy it a piece at a time. Shame because they had just set it out and it was complete. Went back a week or so later and it was just about stripped.

Yeah they suck down here. These guys on here don't know how good they got it if they buy a whole car. Those days are bout gone down here.

Here's Vixen all back together and runnin. I was going to take the camera with us into Gray but I forgot it. When we go into town next time, I will let Kitty shoot a video. It's a real hoot to drive. It shifts a lot better too, with the Z bar bushings and the shifter bushings replaced.

Told a guy I work on my old cars from about 8 till 11, then I move over to the "other" shop. He tells me I am so lucky to have 2 shops. I told him I have 2 shade trees and when the shade moves and so do I!!! Could be wore and have nota tree!!????/ lol

Well it's better than sayin "we're out here today in my shithole back yard" LOL

My backyard is my shithole shop too so I can understand that.

Haha, I gotcha both. My backyard is a disaster AND the shop is a wall to wall, floor to ceiling shithole. Including the side room. When you have to move a dozen things to get at what you need, or have to slither down sideways down the aisle because there's so much crap everywhere you can't walk straight forwards, you know you have truly arrived.

Haha, I gotcha both. My backyard is a disaster AND the shop is a wall to wall, floor to ceiling shithole. Including the side room. When you have to move a dozen things to get at what you need, or have to slither down sideways down the aisle because there's so much crap everywhere you can't walk straight forwards, you know you have truly arrived.

I absolute HATE having to do that, but I do it. Maybe one day I can add on.

I wanted to say, this should be a note to all you guys who routinely whine and cry about pulling the engine in these cars to remove the oil pan. Hell, I'm disabled with terrible health problems, Kitty is worse off than I am, yet we got it done. Had I had all the parts layin in front of me, it would have been three days. Had this been 15 years ago and I didn't have to wait on parts, in one Saturday. These cars are not hard to work on. I slide under the front on my creeper and looked....maybe 20 seconds and said "screw it, it's comin out" and just started pullin bolts. and I caint stand "but I don't have an engine hoist, blah blah blah, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit"......go borrow or rent one. If you own one of these old girls, you need to be in for a penny and in for a pound. The only exceptions might be if you live somewhere in a horrible HOA or in an apartment complex......but that's you're mistake. If my tore up decrepit old *** can do it, all of yall can too.

I wanted to say, this should be a note to all you guys who routinely whine and cry about pulling the engine in these cars to remove the oil pan. Hell, I'm disabled with terrible health problems, Kitty is worse off than I am, yet we got it done. Had I had all the parts layin in front of me, it would have been three days. Had this been 15 years ago and I didn't have to wait on parts, in one Saturday. These cars are not hard to work on. I slide under the front on my creeper and looked....maybe 20 seconds and said "screw it, it's comin out" and just started pullin bolts. and I caint stand "but I don't have an engine hoist, blah blah blah, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit"......go borrow or rent one. If you own one of these old girls, you need to be in for a penny and in for a pound. The only exceptions might be if you live somewhere in a horrible HOA or in an apartment complex......but that's you're mistake. If my tore up decrepit old *** can do it, all of yall can too.
I can do it. What people need to do is work on any 2000 and up car then they will say " dang, that old mopar is simple.

I can do it. What people need to do is work on any 2000 and up car then they will say " dang, that old mopar is simple.

Puzackly. I had MORE than my fair share through the 80s and 90s with dealership suspension and engine work. EXAMPLE: Rack and pinion replacement in a Ford Aerostar.......AWD. Get you some of that and you'll be happy to yank a slant out of a 64 Valiant. lol

I know you can. You kick *** and look how small you are. Well.......I ain't seen you but that's the word on the street.

-
Back