1964 Valiant "Get Runnin & Drivin"

-
Looks good with the groovy glitter steering wheel!!!
Thanks. The original was cracked all to kingdom come and back so I found that pretty quickly. It's a Mooneyes steering wheel. I didn't even know they were still in business, but they are. It's super cool.

Yall wanna hear a goodun? Muh huh.

Before I backed it out, I had that thing shiftin smooth as butter through the gears static. So I busted it off to back it out. Up and back for reverse. No. It went forward. I was like "wtf"? So I put it in the second gear position. Forward and up. I got reverse. lol So don't think I never make mistakes, I do it all the time. I had the shift rods swapped at the column......but I tell you what, she wouldda drove just FINE like that. 1st and reverse on the forward gate and 2 and 3 on the rear gate. LMAO

Last edited:
I noticed something today I did not know regarding Vixen. I thought all along she had the poverty hub caps with Valiant V emblem in the center. No. She had Dodge Fratzog poverty caps. lol I just never have paid close attention. So I have a pretty nice set of 13" Valiant deluxe wheel covers, but one needed a little work. Kitty and I got it straightened out tonight and put back together. I went out a little while ago and took the poverty caps and trim rings off and put the deluxe wheel covers on. They look really sharp. I'll get some pictures tomorrow out in the daylight.

That there is some grade A "GA engineering" on that battery cable to shock mount "stand-off".

Jest messin' wif ya.

That there is some grade A "GA engineering" on that battery cable to shock mount "stand-off".

Jest messin' wif ya.
Hay, whatever works, right? I actually didn't think it was "too bad". LOL

Here's Vixen all shod with her "new" dee-luxe wheel covers. I actually think they look pretty good.
DSCF1926.JPG
DSCF1927.JPG

Before I backed it out, I had that thing shiftin smooth as butter through the gears static. So I busted it off to back it out. Up and back for reverse. No. It went forward. I was like "wtf"? So I put it in the second gear position. Forward and up. I got reverse. lol So don't think I never make mistakes, I do it all the time. I had the shift rods swapped at the column......but I tell you what, she wouldda drove just FINE like that. 1st and reverse on the forward gate and 2 and 3 on the rear gate. LMAO

Any three-on-the-tree is an instant millennial car thief device. Swap the rods around and they would NEVER figure it out. Just sayin'.

Any three-on-the-tree is an instant millennial car thief device. Swap the rods around and they would NEVER figure it out. Just sayin'.
I'm not "sure" they could ever figure it out with it bein "right".

Last edited:
Start a go fund me FABO shipping thread and I'll donate 4 powder coated ones.
lol. That's mighty generous. Thank you. I can save it up. What color are they? Not that it matters, they'll be covered up with wheel covers. lol

I have some pretty nice aluminum slots in 14 x 6 and 14 x 7 along with some new ET center caps. Maybe we could work up a trade? Better go to PMs though fore we get our wrists slapped.

I'm no photographer, but here's Vixen and the 2022 bloodmoon.
DSCF1930.JPG

I'm no photographer, but here's Vixen and the 2022 bloodmoon.
View attachment 1715928128

Please put some light gray primer on there instead of the Red Oxide primer.
Light coat where you are working on it, can easily be sanded off when you start the bodywork again.

Will look a lot nicer till you get on to the next steps.

Please put some light gray primer on there instead of the Red Oxide primer.
Light coat where you are working on it, can easily be sanded off when you start the bodywork again.

Will look a lot nicer till you get on to the next steps.
I'm not workin on it anywhere. Yet.

-
Back